View Finder Info with F2 Photomic

Dave Maciak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking through view finder F2 Photomic, the exposure needle does not stay bright enough to see, along with the other info that should be there. Looking straight ahead I can see it with no problem. Pointing the camera slightly up or down--and it disappears going black.
The camera and finder are excellent condition
Removed the finder and inspected, no issues
Tried with AI and AI-S lenses, various focal lengths no change
Even installed new batteries
Checked lens mount on camera body, no issues
Lenses used have normal coupling and aperture rings
Anybody out there also have similar issues? I also shoot my FM, and F3HP with no viewfinder problems. Love to shoot film, still have the original F carried in Vietnam (still works!) I do use my digitals as well.

Looking through view finder F2 Photomic, the exposure needle does not stay bright enough to see, along with the other info that should be there. Looking straight ahead I can see it with no problem. Pointing the camera slightly up or down--and it disappears going black.
Anybody out there also have similar issues? I also shoot my FM, and F3HP with no viewfinder problems. Love to shoot film, still have the original F carried in Vietnam (still works!) I do use my digitals as well.
The F2 photomic and photomic A (the only ones I own...but possibly others) info is not electronic...it light from the top by sunlight and aperture refection off the AI lenses. It's more susceptible to angle of view. Also if you're wearing a baseball cap you can shade it which makes it hard to see.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

The F2 photomic and photomic A (the only ones I own...but possibly others) info is not electronic...it light from the top by sunlight and aperture refection off the AI lenses. It's more susceptible to angle of view. Also if you're wearing a baseball cap you can shade it which makes it hard to see.

Thanks, I realize that. Just checked everything--just in case. BTW, still use the camera and an old Luna Pro. Works!

Thanks, I realize that. Just checked everything--just in case. BTW, still use the camera and an old Luna Pro. Works!
So do I. I got 2 F2s this year...one with a photomic head and one DP-11 Photomic A head. I got a Luna Pro (non SBC) and I have 2 zinc-air batteries, but I purchased the component to convert the voltage to 1.5v batteries.
PXL_20210423_234528062.jpg

I have a serviced (Sover Wong) DP1 finder but I don't use it, I wasted my money. I just got so used to the eye level and sunny 16. No battery, full frame concentration.

Solved my finder problems. Found Sover Wong in England. Ordering one today. Stay away from Ebay; they for the second time gave me false information----and the last time!! Budget is important but even more so correct product, condition promised, and a seller with an honest, and fair rep!
And thanks to all who responded to help!
Dave

Most reactions

Back