Viewfinder Preview app

mrca

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just found this app that lets you enter your camera formats, lenses then choose them and scroll through the lenses to see what you would get on your film camera. Also has film stock emulation so pick a b&w and you get to see the tonal separation in your film image. It also has a reflective meter that I have tested and is pretty much identical to my sekonic and can be set for aperture or shutter priority or manual and as you scroll through the settings the image changes. I haven't tested to see how close it is to my film, but it also lets you take a photo and enter the film camera settings so is like have a pocket log as well and you can compare it's rendering to what your print looks like. It also has a histogram and haven't tested that for accuracy yet either. But it has replaced my beloved viewing card but it lets me use it on different formats, 35 mm, 645, 6x6 67 and goes up to 8x10. If it saves you from blowing a couple images, it pays for it's $3.99 cost. It saves you having to pull the camera out of the bag/or set up to frame up the subject.

Just found this app that lets you enter your camera formats, lenses then choose them and scroll through the lenses to see what you would get on your film camera. Also has film stock emulation so pick a b&w and you get to see the tonal separation in your film image. It also has a reflective meter that I have tested and is pretty much identical to my sekonic and can be set for aperture or shutter priority or manual and as you scroll through the settings the image changes. I haven't tested to see how close it is to my film, but it also lets you take a photo and enter the film camera settings so is like have a pocket log as well and you can compare it's rendering to what your print looks like. It also has a histogram and haven't tested that for accuracy yet either. But it has replaced my beloved viewing card but it lets me use it on different formats, 35 mm, 645, 6x6 67 and goes up to 8x10. If it saves you from blowing a couple images, it pays for it's $3.99 cost. It saves you having to pull the camera out of the bag/or set up to frame up the subject.
Found it. Will have to look into it.

Sorry, thought I entered the link. Viewfinder Preview from the apple store.

Too bad there's no app that previews how stale lab chemistry affects the result :^))

Too bad there's no app that previews how stale lab chemistry affects the result :^))
Of if it is completely dead with no warning screwing up a roll

Also has film stock emulation so pick a b&w and you get to see the tonal separation in your film image.
Would my monitor view look the same as the negative on my light box?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back