Viewing photos on Laptop then on TV

Vheissu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im kinda confused at what I should do...
When I view photos on my laptop the colors are kinda dull so I edit them in Photoshop so that they are more vibrant and colorful.
But then when I view them on the TV they look saturated. Should I edit them so that they look good on my laptop? or good on the TV?

You should edit them so that they look right on whichever medium (television, laptop, web, print, etc) they will be viewed. Every monitor has a different appearance, and unless they're corrected, the colours aren't going to be quite right regardless.

Which one is color calibrated? I'm going to assume its the laptop (although thats probably not either) and say edit for the laptop.

Im kinda confused at what I should do...
When I view photos on my laptop the colors are kinda dull so I edit them in Photoshop so that they are more vibrant and colorful.
But then when I view them on the TV they look saturated. Should I edit them so that they look good on my laptop? or good on the TV?

Have you hardware calibrated your Laptop? Have you hardware calibrated your TV? My guess is you have not done either. If that is so, it basically makes this a moot question. You have to have a controlled standard to start with.

If you never plan to print anything then make them look good on what ever you want, just understand that they will not look the same on anything else.

If you ever plan on printing them you might want to start by reading this. Monitor calibration and gamma

Last edited:
thanks, Ill look into that hardware calibration article. I view pictures mostly on my laptop but occasionally will view them on a big screen plasma. My other solution was to just keep two sets of photos, one for laptop and one for tv. But I will check out monitor calibration first. Thanks alot!

Before you do, you might want to check out getting an external isp Monitor. Laptop screens pretty much suck for editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back