Viewing variations.

Kerri Rae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If this belongs somewhere else, please move it.

Ok, so I have an image, a large JPEG that I will open in lightroom and do some (read: a lot of) level adjustments to. Once this is done, I will export it to CS2 while saving a copy with the lightroom adjustments and crop and such within photoshop until I have an immaculate looking image..or so I think. I'll save as both 8/bit .JPEG and 16/bit .png.

Now I open that file in ACDSee and it looks like it kept all the adjustments I made, just added a layer of grey, so it doesn't have that bold, vibrant look I gave it anymore. I open it in windows picture and fax viewer and it looks good, I upload it to flickr and it looks grey again. Open it for edit in elements and it looks good, view it in zoombrowser and it looks grey.

I would love to hear this is simply a retarded thing, but I'd also love to share my pictures in flickr and be able to e-mail them to people knowing they will see what I see.

Did you flatten the jpg in PS after all this? Sounds like a wrong layer is being read or some such craziness.

mike

p.s. you might have better (quicker too) in the digi section

Yeah, the layers were flattened. thanks!

Lightroom works with the PhotoPro colour space. Adobe recognises this too. Depending on your settings you may also be using AdobeRGB.

This annoys the hell out of me when I forget but the fix is easy. In photoshop go Edit -> Convert colour profile -> and set it to sRGB. Rarely will you see a visible difference, and if you do then only when printing, and only in the deep saturated greens and blues.

Most software including web-browsers will only reproduce sRGB properly.

Lightroom works with the PhotoPro colour space. Adobe recognises this too. Depending on your settings you may also be using AdobeRGB.

This annoys the hell out of me when I forget but the fix is easy. In photoshop go Edit -> Convert colour profile -> and set it to sRGB. Rarely will you see a visible difference, and if you do then only when printing, and only in the deep saturated greens and blues.

Most software including web-browsers will only reproduce sRGB properly.
that's it. I do all my work in sRGB, simply becuase it's recognized everywhere. I export my images in sRGB out of lightroom when I work on them.

Most reactions

Back