Vintage Dragracing on Grass

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Who said you need snow to race with snowmobiles? ;-)

The lighting was a pain believe it or not ... very harsh light high in the sky causing shadows from every angle, even when I had the sun behind me ... I know I should have maybe used the flash, but as you'll see from my drifting pics which will be coming later today or tomorrow, it didn't make the slighest difference. (n00b warning, I know almost nothing about external flashes so I probably just had it set up wrong ... :roll: )

The auto WB gave slightly yellow results as well, slightly randomly ... anyone else think some of these are a little on the yellow side? I haven't altered the WB in these pics because I would like some second opinions.

I also exposed on the cautious side b/c didn't want blown highlights esp on the white sleds.

gras051.jpg

gras024.jpg

gras045.jpg

gras105.jpg

gras119.jpg

gras102.jpg

gras107.jpg

gras036.jpg

Nice job panning.

Great expression on the rider in #7. Great catch.

Most on my monitor don't look too yellow, except for maybe #4. As I look at what's white in the images, it seems to be colour neutral. And it doesn't matter on which monitor of mine that I'm looking.

I think you've done well for the harsh mid day light.

Your exposure settings appear to have been chosen well.

Now here is something that catches my attention. I have been snowmobiling almost my entire life and I go the grass drags and water cross every year near my home. I love watching the vintage sleds race as well as the kid class on the 120cc sleds! It's really a good time.
Great shots by the way!

Thanks, I'm going to a water cross here at the end of July, they also have a Big Jump competition at the end, the landing never looks fun ;)

Most reactions

Back