Vintage Film

Fuji Provia 400 slide looks sorta like that.

Those pics sorta look like the film's been sitting around awhile between exposure and development. Are you sure you want that?

im really diggin the vintage look.

what about Porta 400NC underexposed and then pushed? Thats what a photo friend recomended to me, but i wasnt so sure.

Those images must have been scanned to be posted on the internet - so as you don't know if there has been any post-processing you can't tell what the film was.
Why not try asking the guy what he used and what he did to it.

I don't see the "vintage" look with those. When I think vintage, I think of really saturated colors, not muted tones. That's just me, though.

I'd say I'd have to agree with Early. Looks like it might be expired negative film maybe something like Kodak Vericolor or even as someone suggested Portra 400NC.

It's hard to tell how exactly they got that effect. See if you can ask the photographer how he made the image, otherwise its all just a guessing game.

Chris,

Are you certain that they were taken on film? I think that they are 100% digital.

Best,
Helen

im really diggin the vintage look.

what about Porta 400NC underexposed and then pushed? Thats what a photo friend recomended to me, but i wasnt so sure.
I don't know. I've underexposed film before, and it never looked like that. Maybe overdevelopment or some other wet side trick. (or error. I'm thinking too high a ph for the developer). Do you have a darkroom?

What you can try is, in photoshop, de-saturate a photo, and then shift it to cyan or something.

I regularly push Portra 800 two stops and it looks nothing like these images.

Best,
Helen

Most reactions

Back