Vintage Minolta Maxxum 7000

Ream

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Today I was given a Minolta Maxxum 7000 with standard, wide angle, and telephoto lenses. It's 35mm SLR and I just love it! I can't wait to use it. Have any of you ever, or do you still work with one? I can't wait to try mine!

There is a certain apeal, magic, wonderful vintage smell to film cameras, I have a friend that still almost all his pictures are done on film cameras, he has different film size and has a Leika, Hussleblad, Nikon and Fuji cameras.
I admire people that have the time, patient and mind set to use film camera.
Being at my age film cameras are not a new thing to me, I used them for many years even though never a good camera just these P&S and I must admit I just dont see myself ever using one, stopping and thinking about each and every picture I take slows me down and sucks my creative then running to the store and developing the pictures, paying for the film and paying for the development and storing the pictures in endless albums just doesnt sound like fun for me.

I really mean this when I say I envy you that you can enjoy this new/old camera of yours, few times I wanted to pull the trigger on some SLR film cameras stopping myself at the last minute just because I know I will not really use it.

Enjoy your new camera :)

:wink: Sure. That's where I've been for 12 or so years now. Digital simplified everything. I too started out on a 35mm P&S. I just have to put my mind back to my first camera and compare this one for that era. :) It will be so much better than my first camera!

I don't have a Minolta, but I still shoot mostly film. My main camera has been the Pentax K1000 (also a 35mm SLR). You're going to have fun! :)

:wink: Sure. That's where I've been for 12 or so years now. Digital simplified everything. I too started out on a 35mm P&S. I just have to put my mind back to my first camera and compare this one for that era. :) It will be so much better than my first camera!

Oh, so you are as old as me :mrgreen:

I have a Canon F1n w/power winder and AE finder, wide angle, normal, and a couple zooms. It used to be the cats meow when I first bought it new in ~1978.

Sadly, I have not used it in a few years. Auto focus has ruined me.

Today I was given a Minolta Maxxum 7000 with standard, wide angle, and telephoto lenses. It's 35mm SLR and I just love it! I can't wait to use it. Have any of you ever, or do you still work with one? I can't wait to try mine!

On the shelf behind me sits my original Canon AE-1 (my first 35mm DSLR), a Mamiya 645, and yes... even a Minolta Maxxum 7000.

Alas... I don't shoot film anymore.

I have a maxxum 7000, it was my first autofocus camera. I don't shoot film anymore due to cost, but it was a good camera.

I've got one, but its shutter curtain got pushed in somehow so it won't open. Everything else works. Definitely an odd looking camera, and I wouldn't mind taking it apart to see if I can fix it.

There's something about shooting with film that feels right. For film, I shoot primarily with my Olympus OM-1n. That positive thunk as the shutter fires and mirror pops up, the feel of the tight shutter speed ring, that old camera smell... And it's great for starting conversations. I have no idea how many times I've had people come and tell me "Oh, hey, I had one of those. I used to shoot..." And frankly, the chrome is prettier than today's all black DSLRs, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back