Visible Flower C&C - BESP

bazooka

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtjournal.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My original idea didn't turn out in the camera like I had hoped and this one came out better so this is what I'm submitting. The assignment was to shoot the reflection of something. I think this is riding the line of being valid as we weren't really supposed to see what the reflector is. But the other's sucked so here it is. :)

f/2.8
1/13
ISO 400
Canon 100mm Macro USM

eyeflower.jpg

To be honest, meh... it doens't do much for me. It was a good assignment though... it's just that my original idea didn't turn out like I wanted.

wow bazooka, it looked it was painful?

However the reflection is really clear. I would never have thought that could be used as reflection object!. Based on your description you didn't get what you wanted, I wonder what did you have in mind.

Eye close-ups are creepy to me.

I wanna see what else you got.

I deleted the other stuff. It just didn't turn out to be appealing at all. I bought some plastic flowers and was going to choose one to shoot in the reflection of a spoon, but the spoons I have are either too mirror-like or too brushed to get the look I wanted. I saw it my mind, I just couldn't replicate it in the viewfinder.

I think you did a good job getting the reflection in the eye without showing the camera. I kinda find the eye more interesting than the flower though. Is this of yourself or did you have a volunteer? I can't imagine how hard it would be to focus a macro shot of your own eye...

I tried the spoon trick as well... wasn't happy with it either.

I think if you just got the eye and not the surrounding flesh, it might have been what you were looking for.

Maybe a set of close up magnifying lens add ons and you can get close enough to get it sharp with the flower and nothing but the color of they eyes so it takes a second to realize what it's being reflected on.

I agree, I think this was as close as I could get with the 100mm macro... it's even cropped a bit. Thanks for the comments. This was my wife btw. It took long enough to get it right with her, I can't imagine trying to do this on myself.

I am impressed with the clarity of the reflected flower, but the eyelids and nose(?) are distracting. it would be interesting to see the flower big enough to overlay and mimic the iris of the eye and not see the rest of the eye.

Most reactions

Back