Visited a friend with a beautiful garden...

Lyanna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And took some pics, obviously. I think these three are the best of the lot. What do you think?

frog.sized.jpg

This one kept still so I could take some pics. Very generous of him :D
Exposure time: 1/400
Aperture: f/4.0

poppies.sized.jpg

Some poppies that were bloomed out. The DOF is rather weird, I know, but it appeals to me
Exposure time: 1/640
Aperture: f/4.0

oranje.sized.jpg

This one gives me the feeling as if I were buried in an entire field of these bright orange flowers. Which I wasn't really, twas just a patch :)
Exposure time: 1/800
Aperture: f/3.2

Very nice!
I love the DOF on #3.

Good job!

the shots are great and the "natural" frames are fantastic.

maybe you can explain how you did it (the frames)?
i tried everything i know but can't achieve the same effect.

:p thanks! I really really enjoyed myself in that garden *g*

Sk8man: it's actually really simple. Too bad though that I can't really automate it. What I do is this: I take Photoshop and I do everything to the pic I need to do (adjustment etc). Then, I hit "canvas size" and resize the image to 1024 by 768, which makes for better viewing.

Then, I save. Then, I go back to canvas size again, and subtract 50 pixels on each side. This makes the pic smaller, obviously. I select whats left of the pic, copy it, then hit "step backwards" twice, which undoes the selection AND the subtraction. Then, I hit paste. I now have a background which is 1024 by 768, and a layer which is 50 pix smaller on each side.

I make the background layer darker with the help of "curves" under the "image - adjust" option. This is what creates the slightly darker border. And I add a stroke of an appropriate color (2px) to the smaller layer, which makes it stand out. Sometimes I also add a little shadow.

Voila! It may sound like a lot of work but when you get the hang of it, it is done under 5 minutes.

Lyanna! Fascinating photos :) You should put them in the critique gallery :) Wow, your friend has frogs in a garden? wow :p
The second one is also great. And, fact, Dof is strange but nice. Although this blurred first popy is distracting me. And the last has beautiful colors :)

I love the colors you have on these pictures especially the last one. The group of flowers in the last one makes for a wonderful background.

Loved the colors of #3, the arrangement of #2 but #1 is my favorite.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back