Vista sucks, cancel or allow?

I think with XP, Microsoft finally had a viable, decent (I said decent not great) OS, and they just realized how much that sucks for their pocketbook.

I think that just should've given XP a visual upgrade and added the security that's been missing. There isn't any REASON for a new OS every 5 years.

Furthermore, I'm a gamer, and certain games (such as Marvel ONLINE) are being developed STRICTLY for Vista.... which is downright cruel.

i'll just add my two cents here- I actually kind of like vista. I believe there is a way to turn off the cancel or allow thing, its called user account control i believe, do a search in help/support for it and it tells you how to turn it off or on. I feel like vista IS pretty much XP with a visual upgrade... I know pretty much nobody on here is goign to agree with that, but I havent really had any problems with vista so far that would make me want to switch back to XP. I just bought a new computer and it runs great on it with my core 2 Duo. anwyay, you can go back to your conversation now.. haha

I feel like vista IS pretty much XP with a visual upgrade... I know pretty much nobody on here is goign to agree with that,

As you said, not agreeing here ;) If it was only a visual upgrade plus some features that would help the users, OK, everyone would be happy. But in fact the bad things are hidden from the visual and you might find out one day...

well, just so everyone knows, i DO understand why people dont like it, but i guess whatever it is, doesn't really bother me right now. I know that it ran really slow on my old computer though, and I didnt like that, but witht eh equipment i'm using now, i've had very few issues

ok, the wrapping is nice, I agree .. and XP looks not really fancy compared to it ;)

good we agree on something. haha, and i agree that the cancel-allow thing is really annoying, but i guess i still like vista more for now. I just really like the look of it, and the whole graphical aspect of the OS

Allow!

Well cancel if you are asking if you should install it. I deal with computers for a living, and it's a major annoyance out of the box. Get a Mac, always pleasing to come home to after an afternoon of working on PC's. :)

I have been on the Windows Vista website. It is obvious that they want to be Apple but haven't quite got the hang of it!

Most reactions

Back