Vivitar 90-230mm lens adapter help

Yes, and we are asking you to unscrew the Cap ... and show us that side of the TX adapter (the side stamped with the "U").

Thank you for helping. I really appreciate it.
So that cap actually screws off? Mine is really on there. Not sure what else to do to take it off. Theres no "release" button. I've turned it counterclockwise it just won't budge.

Ill keep trying and post a pic when i get it off.

Sorry if I'm not understanding but this is the only piece that comes off. The one with the cap attached.
The cap that is on the adapter will unscrew, since it's most likely a Pentax M42 screw mount adapter.

You'll need a Minolta TX adapter to use the lens on your Minolta. If your Minolta is the M/MD mount, here's one for sale on eBay:

Vivitar TX Lens Adapter - Minolta MD Mount - New Old Stock | eBay

If it's a different Minolta, such as the M/SR, you'll need this type:

Vivitar TX Lens Mount Adapter for Minolta SR Series Cameras, Pre-Owned | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Finally got it off

Attachments

• 20180718_133712.jpg
    20180718_133712.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20180718_133717.jpg
    20180718_133717.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 91
Sorry if I'm not understanding but this is the only piece that comes off. The one with the cap attached.
The cap that is on the adapter will unscrew, since it's most likely a Pentax M42 screw mount adapter.

You'll need a Minolta TX adapter to use the lens on your Minolta. If your Minolta is the M/MD mount, here's one for sale on eBay:

Vivitar TX Lens Adapter - Minolta MD Mount - New Old Stock | eBay

If it's a different Minolta, such as the M/SR, you'll need this type:

Vivitar TX Lens Mount Adapter for Minolta SR Series Cameras, Pre-Owned | eBay

Awesome info thank you.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So, now that you got the rear cap off ... what specific camera (make/model) are thinking of using with it ?

Since i can't use it on my minolta, I was going to try and use it on a canon dslr

Canon t6 Or Nikon d5300

You will need to get a different TX adapter (as @pendennis) mentioned ... there are numerous ones made for film SLR's, though I think you will not find one for EF mount ... but that link is for a Minolta MD mount

Got ya. Do you know what camera type this exact lens fits?

Just for clarification, I have a vivitar 90-230mm lens with M42 mount?

Just for clarification, I have a vivitar 90-230mm lens with M42 mount?

Yes, the lens will work on Pentax screw mount cameras (Spotmatic, and others with the M42 mount).

The lens you have is a Vivitar TX, which requires TX adapters so they can be used with various camera models. Stand alone, sans adapter, it will not fit any camera at all. An adapter is required to be mounted on any make of camera.

We'd need to know the model of Minolta you have. Is it film, digital? As others have mentioned, it will not fit newer digital mounts, as the adapters were designed in the film era, before a lot of makers changed their mounts, accommodating auto focus, and the need to work with camera functions.

The links I provided were for two of Minolta's lens mounts.

Most reactions

Back