Void

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken in the Mont Saint-Michel castle in Normandy,France. (best viewed large)
CC always welcome!

9213657538_09f2543011_o.jpg
[/URL] 2013_06_10_Normandy&MSM0213.jpg by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

I love the composition and moody light. I'm not to sure about the grain/noise though other people will probably like the grain.

I love the composition and moody light. I'm not to sure about the grain/noise though other people will probably like the grain.

Thanks for the CC.
The grain unfortunately is due to the very high ISO because it was a handheld shot. I didn't like it at first, but it has kind of grown on me.

I kind of like the grain myself. B&W film often has a grainy look.. so for this image I think it works fine. I like this shot quite a bit.

I think it could use some cropping, left and bottom. Those areas look a bit empty and IMO don't add much to the composition. The light and shadow thrown across the floor and on the wall to the right make this photo for me.

Love this.

I think it could use some cropping, left and bottom. Those areas look a bit empty and IMO don't add much to the composition. The light and shadow thrown across the floor and on the wall to the right make this photo for me.

I understand where you are coming from with the cropping, however I feel that it would detract from the image as I find that it adds to the mood and feeling I was going for.

I do appreciate the feedback though.

Thanks for the CC.
The grain unfortunately is due to the very high ISO because it was a handheld shot. I didn't like it at first, but it has kind of grown on me.

Nice shot, but i have never been able to see grain in a digital shot

I like it. I don't see much noise at all. I only wish I could see all the way to the ceiling above the window. Other then that it is a great shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back