Voiglander Bessa R

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone own a Voiglander Bessa R or know someone who does? The few reviews I found seem to be totally positive or negative (no middle ground), with about 70% of them being positive. I'm think about getting one

vbesRs1.jpg

I wish I did. Does that count? :p
It looks like the negatives center around quality control (rangefinder alignment, etc.). You might just have to return it a couple of times until you get a good one.

cameraquest has them for just 250 USD, that cheap for a rangefinder (body only), it 39mm Leica Screw Mount, I have a Canon IV but don’t like how you load the film, it's a pain in the butt

Sorry, only just seen this. Yes, I've had one, although it had a light leak so I sent it back and got an R2a instead. For the money I think the R is great, build quality OK (although after my FM2 and now the R2a it did seem a little plasticky). Mechnical shutter is good, rangefinder seemed no different to the R2a, and the handling was fine. Here's a shot that I took with the R and the Ultron f1.7 35mm lens (which I kept to go on the R2a):

66767296_fdbd95396f.jpg

I recently got a Canon IV and Voiglander 25mm f4, but I am not real happy with the Canon’s drop-in loading. That’s main reason I’m sort of looking at the R

Also, The R2a is M mound right? Does the rangefinder still work when using the adapter ring.

Yes, the R2a is M mount, and the Ultron is the old R39 screw, but it works fine with the adaptor. I don't think that lens is rangefinder coupled anyway, so have you thought about the Bessa L? They are really cheap now.

right it not a coupled lens, so yes the Bessa L might be fine, think i'll keep playing with canon a little more, maybe thing will work out

Karalee said:
Bessa-R = :drool:

One day!! I know Im not of any help, but thats a damn sexy camera :lol:.
That's all I'm good for, too, Kara - pawing at the screen and thinking "MINE!!" :lmao:

Most reactions

Back