• Take a better one

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently had a canvas print done of my photo of Skookum Falls (a 2x1 panorama). Unfortunately it didn't fit well where I had planned to hang it, so I decided to hang it in another spot. However, if I hang it where I'm now thinking, I really need another photo to go in a similar spot for balance. Soooo...should I use this photo as another 2x1 canvas panorama, or wait to take another, better picture. I'm thinking of taking another shot from the same spot, but at night with stars. However, I have no clue when I'll get the chance to, or how much luck I'll have.

(Note the available poll at the top)

Mt. Adams by RxForB3, on Flickr

Take the same shot, only one to the left of where you ended the frame and one to the right, and then hang the three together yet apart, then it's like one big photography separated into three.

There wasn't an option for that idea in your poll. :) So I didn't vote.

Hmm...interesting thought. Unfortunately I only have two spots and one is already taken.

Thanks for the two votes so far. Anyone else? Don't have to comment. Just click one or the other :)

I like the idea... But I think there is a bit too much space above and below the mountains... In my opinion, a re-crop might be a good idea...

I was thinking of something like this...

7499063752_83d8401f58_b.jpg

^+1 the bottom half does nothing for the shot its the mountain reflection and clouds that make it, reshoot in landscape

I do agree with your comments. But the other print was a 16x32 panorama, so I'm going for the same size/ratio. Which I suppose is a good reason to find another photo.

We could vote, but at the end of the day, this poll is like flipping a coin; the only thing it's really likely to do is to reveal what you REALLY wanted to do in the first place. :wink:
When I can't make up my mind, sometimes I flip a coin. Then "heads" comes up, and often that's when I realize, what I really wanted was "tails."

Honestly, I think if YOU really like this photo, in the aspect ratio you've got it in, you'd just go ahead and print and hang it. The fact that you need a poll suggests to me that you're not sold on it. So, I'd probably wait until I get the shot that I really WANT to look at every single day for who knows how long.

Heh, you're probably right. I think I'm fighting the urge to put SOMETHING in that spot when I know it's probably not the best option. Unfortunately canvas prints are expensive, so I suppose I'll wait.

I prefer Bus's edit... OP, you have everything in the center in your shot... and it doesn't work, IMO!

While it is a beautiful photo, I'm noticing that the shoulders of the mountain are clipped off. I feel like I'm looking at a cropped-in version of the photo. Did you shoot a vertical panorama to create this or did you crop the edges?

The crop should compliment the photo, not the other way around.

I often find that vertical prints of water, particulary flowing water, to be inspirational when mounted above the toilet.

Most reactions

Back