Vultures in Flight - Everglades National Park

soflatechie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lay off the dodge tool! That last image has another bad halo. The first two are nice. Maybe it is just my monitor but the sky does seem a bit over saturated.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry not sure what you mean by dodge tool. I am using elements so maybe it is called something different there. Yeah there is a halo on the last image. I will work on that.

Well you didn't use the dodge tool, but the effect is somewhat similar...
You brightened up the bird (which I can kind of understand seeing as it really is a dark bird), however because you used a soft brush you created those soft halos. :)

Not bad - I like the BIFs, but the only thing I would watch is the cropping of the wings in the first two. They would be much better, in my opinion, if the ends weren't cut off.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
Can't do anything about the cropped wings. Couldn't catch the whole bird as he was flying above me :)

best I could do.

Can't do anything about the cropped wings. Couldn't catch the whole bird as he was flying above me :)

best I could do.

I know, you often have to take what you can get in these situations - maybe next time. :mrgreen: This is one of the reasons I like my telephoto zoom for BIFs.

WesternGuy

WesternGuy:

Took that with my 200 mm.

Anyway, here is a second try at one of the photos to try and take care of the halo. Also laid off the saturation. Comments welcomed...

Vulture spreading wings by SoFlaTechie, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back