Vuzix idea

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if any of you have these portable viewing screens? I have the AV920 and heard that you can hook them up to Canon cameras and watch the viewfinder through these glasses. Is this possible? I hope so because that'd be awesome.

If your camera has the Video out jack, yes it should work. I have the AV230 and just took a photo of the cable I used. It works great!! I have also used them on my Nightvision Scope too :)

VuzixCableVideo-800.jpg

Ok great... I tried today with the headphone jack into the video out on the camera. I didn't even think to try the video cord lol... Does it only display photos after they've been taken, or even the viewfinder?

Does it only display photos after they've been taken, or even the viewfinder?

On mine yes, it works for the viewfinder and viewing photos. It's funny because I just had a Customer ask me the same question the other day.

What kind of camera are you using? I tried again with the video jack, and it comes up with only a blue screen. I plugged it into the video plug on the camera so I know it's connected correctly.

Are you using liveview to get it to work, manual, or auto. What are your settings and is there any configuring to get it too work?

Thanks

I'm using the Nikon Coolpix 5700, considered out of date now. My camera does not have "Liveview".
I just plug it into:
VideoOut-600.jpg

It could be a video Format setting or the cable is not compatable. I don't have your Camera so I really cannot help, sorry!

So far, everything I have tried with the Vuzix AV230 seems to work :thumbup:

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back