TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.behance.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The picture that got me published
Y6Ompb8.jpg

Tell me about your process and how you shot this. My dad restores classic cars and he wants me to come home (just a 1500 mile trip...lol) to photograph his cars. Since I have to travel so far, I want to come prepared.

Buggy Buggy White!! I win. :)

Tell me about your process and how you shot this. My dad restores classic cars and he wants me to come home (just a 1500 mile trip...lol) to photograph his cars. Since I have to travel so far, I want to come prepared.
Funny my dad restored this car. Ill include links to this process. Its a very labor intensive job but you can make any car look like its been lit with 10+ lights, when in reality its only one. The easy answer is light painting, but the way you go about it makes the difference at the end. I use a cheap Soft box from amazon and that I run off a Vagabond Mini (which is probably the most expensive equipment for this shoot) but you can do it just by running an extension cord. Then I set my camera on a tripod with an exposure of about 5-10 seconds. I then take a shot and while the shutter is open I walk around the car. Here is where the process becomes a little tricky, I visualize what i want the end picture to look like and I break it down. So I light each panel of the car in a separate shot. This way when you take it to photoshop you have the whole car lit but if something looks too bright or has a weird reflection then you can go to that layer and edit that part out.

if you still have questions feel free to ask. i love sharing my process and i know im not the best at explaining but there is a lot going on to get this type of picture

Links:

Video:
Digital camera mag: 9 creative photo ideas to try in October | Digital Camera World
other examples:Behance

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Neat picture! Interesting to read about your processing. I like the way it turns out, but I wouldn't have thought about doing it that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back