w00t w00t

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I picked up my Tamron 200-400 mm lens, I think its something like 630mm for the digi, not to sure on that though...
First off.....

YAMA MAMA! this thing is huge. :shock:

side-shot.jpg

I just did some test shots from standing out on my porch, and Im pretty happy with the results. It was raining a little, and horrible overcast so the lighting was the craps, but here's what came of it.

About a 100 feet away.
anthony.jpg

Little more then a 100 feet away, kept the original width just cropped down the top and bottom.
bird-on-barbwire.jpg

about 300 feet away.
Look at her eyes!! I think I made them like that in ps by accident, I was in a hurry, heh.
deer-looking-back-at-me.jpg

Oh and incase anyone is wondering I bought the lens primarily for Wildlife, with the ocasional horse event / hockey / soccer / baseball game / etc.

My daughter's immediate question is: "How is he ever going to HOLD it?"

The results are awesome!
I envy you that telephoto lense!!! I wish I could ever get as close to whatever wildlife I get to see as you can.

hehe thanks la foto. All these shots were taken handheld, but I couldn't take too many without taking a break, my arm would cramp :? . So from now on its the tripod.

Should I invest into a monopod..? atleast I think they are called that.... :?

Shark said:
WOW!!!

How much did that beastie set you back? That's awesome!

Does it work well with the canon AF and all that?

It was $800 canadain. And yes she works with the Canon AF. and the auto focus is actually quieter then my stock 55mm rebel lens :shock:

pilgrim said:
hehe thanks la foto. All these shots were taken handheld, but I couldn't take too many without taking a break, my arm would cramp :? . So from now on its the tripod.

Should I invest into a monopod..? atleast I think they are called that.... :?

My dad borrowed a monopod from a friend.
And i dont know much, but my advice is no dont, not for that lens, it wont keep straight,
I suggest you go full blown tripod, here ill give you a link to some good ones.

Click here for a good priced tripod.

Here for a list of jessops brand tripods.

And here if you want to submit the search yourself if i didnt find something you like :)

Edit: I have a alfa 3 by Jessops and i swear by it, brilliant lille thing with all those added functions like quick snap off, and alter it for portraits.

pilgrim said:
Shark said:
WOW!!!

How much did that beastie set you back? That's awesome!

Does it work well with the canon AF and all that?

It was $800 canadain. And yes she works with the Canon AF. and the auto focus is actually quieter then my stock 55mm rebel lens :shock:

That's really cool. :D

What kind of apertures does it run?

heh, I just realized I never even said what lens it was... :oops:

Tamron 200-400mm, F/5.6 and that's it, so it's a solid aperature, don't know if thats the right way of wording it or not...

Thanks for the info Artemis! I think I'll look into both, I already have a tripod but its such a small weak plastic one I don't know if I would trust it. :wink:

here's another one I just took like 30 mins ago..
doe-looking-at-me.jpg

haha I just re-read my first post, and it turns out I did say what lens it was, jeeez today just isn't a thinking day I guess :drunk:

here's another, can't wait to find some eagles :shock:

doe-licking-herself.jpg

I am not too current on my deer anatomy but is there something wrong with that deer's right hind leg? Looks like something usually inside is outside....

???

bism said:
I am not too current on my deer anatomy but is there something wrong with that deer's right hind leg? Looks like something usually inside is outside....

???

OH DEAR GOD :shock: :shock:

I never noticed that before :shock:

I'm amazed she could still run around and jump with a bone sticking out like that!!!

I cropped in on another picture... both legs are damaged... and it appears that the skin has already healed, but it healed under the bone.. so the bone will never have skin over it. That can't be good for the deer :shock: Isn't it going to be prone to infection now :?
poor girl :cry:

yeah, looks like that deer is on its last legs :shock: cool shots pilgrim, wicked lens! looking forward to some more fantastic wildlife shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back