Waited for the aurora with no avail, but got these...

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So wednesday and thursday night we went to Northern NH and waited around hoping to catch the aurora. The forecasts for the aurora were off and the CME barely hit us, but while we were out in this big field I messed around shooting some astro stuff to pass the time

$selfiefb.jpg$barn1fb.jpg$barn2fb.jpg

not sure which photo of the barn I like more, the vertical or horizontal shot. It wasn't my favorite conditions for shooting at night, the moon was super bright which is nice for the foreground but not so much for seeing the stars. Anyway pretty bummed the aurora didn't show up but it was still nice to be out under the stars

I like them all, but #3 is the one for me. Again, I will never get pictures like this because I will never again go where it would be possible.

I also like 3 better. 1 is very nice as well.

Although as I look more at 2, it's growing on me. I think. Not quite sure what I'd do differently though.

It's a shame you couldn't get the aurora! These are good though! I like #2 the best. There's less distraction (as compared to #3 with all the tree branches) and more focused - my eyes are drawn to the reef more, as well as the beautiful sky. I love the colors.

I prefer #1 and #2 myself, but #3 is fairly good also. They are all exposed very well, but the verticals just do it for me here.

I like all three. You did a good job capturing the stars while also getting the moon-lit foreground. The sky transparency was excellent, as we can see starts down to the horizon in the first image. Thank you for posting these.

thank you guys! I feel like my night photography has been improving a lot...I've been lucky to have made friends with some other NH astrophotographers who are VERY talented, they have taught me a lot. I had a hard time choosing between the two barn shots....the horizontal you can see more of the barn- but the branches are more distracting. Vertical you get more of the stars but less of the barn...

It was very cold out there, especially the 2nd night, by the time we left my camera was covered in frost

I think all three are well executed. As to the barn shots, both are nice. I think I like #2 a bit more, but 3's also quite nice in its own way.

I like the composition of #3 the best. Nice work.

thank you everyone for your input! I went with the vertical barn shot as the one I shared on all the various social media outlets. There so many these days! facebook, instagram, G+, etc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back