Walk around lens for DX Nikon slightly longer than my 17-50mm f/2.8?

Sooooo I came across this interesting 35-105mm Nikon. Appears to be a well-built decent lens at a decent price. Push/pull zoom may take some getting used to, but that's no big deal.

Thoughts?

Nikon 35-105mm F/3.5-4.5 AF-D Lens *52

its an older lens. not bad though, for the money.
the newer nikon 18-105 VRII is a better lens.
maybe you could consider an older 70-200?

the first gen tamron and sigma offering are pretty inexpensive now. Tokina also makes one.

18-105 as in the D90 kit lens? I have one and I'm not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooooo I came across this interesting 35-105mm Nikon. Appears to be a well-built decent lens at a decent price. Push/pull zoom may take some getting used to, but that's no big deal.

Thoughts?

Nikon 35-105mm F/3.5-4.5 AF-D Lens *52

its an older lens. not bad though, for the money.
the newer nikon 18-105 VRII is a better lens.
maybe you could consider an older 70-200?

the first gen tamron and sigma offering are pretty inexpensive now. Tokina also makes one.

18-105 as in the D90 kit lens? I have one and I'm not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 70-300 VRII is also a fantastic lens, and not very big.
the new 24-85 VR lens is good,as is the older 24-85 2.8-4 AF lens.
theres also the 24-120 f/4 lens.

I wonder if you're 18-105 is a poor copy. I always thought that was a great lens

Breaking the mount is never a good thing

Breaking the mount is never a good thing

But hey, I fixed it myself! It's not hard, but not fun either. It cost me $5 and took me an hour. It really wasn't worth sending it to Nikon for repair. It would cost more than it would be worth.

Last edited:
Hi fellas! Does someone use Sigma 17-50 f/2,8? Is this lense ok for shooting inside (in church for example)? What about sharpness? How that lense compared with Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-55mm 1:2.8G ED IF SWM DX ? More/less the same?Or much worse? Thanx!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back