What's new

Walk around?

taraj_00

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 29, 2010
Messages
112
Reaction score
5
Location
SEMO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We're headed off on a last-minute trip to New Orleans tomorrow, and was wondering what might be best for a walkaround on my D40... I'm thinking my 35mm 1.8, but also have the 55-200 VR and the 18-55 VR kit lens.

Hopefully will be doing lots of walking and exploring as our hotel is only a few blocks from the French Quarter and right downtown!
 
We're headed off on a last-minute trip to New Orleans tomorrow, and was wondering what might be best for a walkaround on my D40... I'm thinking my 35mm 1.8, but also have the 55-200 VR and the 18-55 VR kit lens.

Hopefully will be doing lots of walking and exploring as our hotel is only a few blocks from the French Quarter and right downtown!

I always bring my 50mm 1.8 when I am out and about, especially in low light. If you are out at night if you're not taking long exposures (which could be cool also) I would definately bring the 1.8 over the 18-55. I would also bring your 55-200 since you might need the reach. The 18-55 you could probably do without, since your not really losing much unless you have the room. IF so bring it all!
 
Last edited:
Which lens do you find yourself reaching for more often? Bring that one..

For me it would have been my kit lens, now 17-50 - just prefer to be able to go wide.
 
Yeah, I'm thinking the 35- it's what I keep on there most of the time. I'll keep the 55-200 in my bag, and probably throw the 18-55 in the suitcase, but I'm not planning on carrying it with me (though I guess I could stick it in the diaper bag hah!)

I'm excited!
 
I would bring them all, if you have the room, but if your normal sytle of shooting has you shooting with the 35mm youu'll likely do great with just that + 55-200. I personally (like Paul) like to be able to go wider if I need to.
 
Have fun!! :P

I always shoot downtown there with my 35mm 1.8
 
I would be happy with just the 35 f/1.8. I don't like lugging around a lot of gear.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom