Walk Walk Fashion Baby

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This chick's a big Lady Gaga fan, so we did a Gaga-inspired fashion shoot.

DSC_3956.jpg

Posing is a bit awkward, and I'm not really getting a Gaga vibe from this shot. The lighting looks nice though. I would pull back on the skin retouching a bit; don't be afraid to let the skin have some flaws.

Very nice. Like the lighting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Care to elaborate as to why you disagree with my critique @DGMPhotography? I see you liked all of the posts that were praising your work. Or were you not sharing for feedback?

Or perhaps I'm the one who should elaborate.

As I said, the posing is awkward to me. It does not flatter her figure in my opinion, and generally has an awkward feeling to me.

On the Gaga Vibe. You're almost there, but not quite. The necklaces don't say "Gaga" to me, and in my opinion don't go well with the rest of the styling, and being a Gaga fan myself, I just can't picture her in that jewelry with that outfit. Gaga portrays herself as a strong, confident and free spirit that commands the attention of the viewer. Your model is looking away from the camera, and making herself appear shorter with her pose and does not command a single bit of that attention. This doesn't say "Gaga" to me.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate as to why you disagree with my critique @DGMPhotography? I see you liked all of the posts that were praising your work. Or were you not sharing for feedback?

Part of that was just testing cause I was curious if it gave people notifications for non "likes."

I appreciate your critique and I do see value in it, I just simply don't agree, as my "disagree" shows. Sure, posing could probably be a little better, but I do feel a Gaga vibe, and I think the skin looks fine.

Thanks, though!

Part of that was just testing cause I was curious if it gave people notifications for non "likes."

I appreciate your critique and I do see value in it, I just simply don't agree, as my "disagree" shows. Sure, posing could probably be a little better, but I do feel a Gaga vibe, and I think the skin looks fine.

Thanks, though!

giphy.gif

I edited my post and elaborated on my thoughts. Disagree all you like, I think you are choosing not to accept that you could do better, and no, the skin looks overdone.

So you were literally "testing" to see if I would receive a notification and then respond to it, simply because you were curious?

Thanks, though!

giphy.gif

I edited my post and elaborated on my thoughts. Disagree all you like, I think you are choosing not to accept that you could do better, and no, the skin looks overdone.

We're all entitled to our opinions, pal.

Thanks for your feedback, and welcome to The Photo Forum.

I rather like it myself. The lighting in particular. And I'm no self appointed GaGa expert, but perhaps next time if she wore a garment composed of pork chops that might dispel any controversy on whether or not it is sufficiently GaGa-esk.

Just a thought.

I rather like it myself. The lighting in particular. And I'm no self appointed GaGa expert, but perhaps next time if she wore a garment composed of pork chops that might dispel any controversy on whether or not it is sufficiently GaGa-esk.

Just a thought.

Haha, you're right. That would be more obvious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back