Walking on the horizon

I don't know how to composite photos (I've just learnt how to function in manual mode so that's too advanced for me at the moment). I think I must have oversharpened the photo like you said.

Thanks anyway.
"Compositing" is the term that refers to taking elements from multiple photos and pasting them into one. That is a Photoshop thing, and I don't have PS and wouldn't know how to do it.

Exatly what I was thinking. Much nicer in my opinion. Heck I would almost go as far as to say it would make a great album cover for a rock band. I think that has a lot more feeling to it and the sky is 100% better. It's easy to get carried away with the sliders.

I don't know how to composite photos (I've just learnt how to function in manual mode so that's too advanced for me at the moment). I think I must have oversharpened the photo like you said.

Thanks anyway.
"Compositing" is the term that refers to taking elements from multiple photos and pasting them into one. That is a Photoshop thing, and I don't have PS and wouldn't know how to do it.

OK, thanks. I don't gave PS either. At the moment I need to figure out what makes a good composition before moving into more
Exatly what I was thinking. Much nicer in my opinion. Heck I would almost go as far as to say it would make a great album cover for a rock band. I think that has a lot more feeling to it and the sky is 100% better. It's easy to get carried away with the sliders.
Haha, a rock band. Is that because of what my friend is wearing?

I initially like this photo for the simplicity of the colours, the leading line and the sense of peace I feel when looking at it. But then again, I was there. Norway...

Thanks for your advice. I also feel it has more feeling :).

Leading lines, as thirds, is a little mis-understood and generally used by photographers to apply a logic that doesn't really exist.

Where is the line?

There is no line there, just a sensual curve, really the opposite of a line in that it has a free flowing form. It's form is also not in the way of a line but a change in texture and shadow caused by the many boots on the snow. It's the figure in the landscape that attracts the eye, the path does not lead you to it. The path only explains how, and it does it after you see the figure.

In terms of composition it works well in that you have a few well chosen elements. They need centring an balancing. The sky works better if a little less blue.

But how I wish they were two simple and complete clouds...

mod-1.jpg

Leading lines, as thirds, is a little mis-understood and generally used by photographers to apply a logic that doesn't really exist.

Where is the line?

There is no line there, just a sensual curve, really the opposite of a line in that it has a free flowing form. It's form is also not in the way of a line but a change in texture and shadow caused by the many boots on the snow. It's the figure in the landscape that attracts the eye, the path does not lead you to it. The path only explains how, and it does it after you see the figure.

In terms of composition it works well in that you have a few well chosen elements. They need centring an balancing. The sky works better if a little less blue.

But how I wish they were two simple and complete clouds...

View attachment 117799
Thanks- I like the crop. I'll have another go at editing it. :)

Most reactions

Back