deggimatt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C and C is really appreciated !

38h798z9443rzdnzg.jpg

Less floor, don't cut off the arch.

Have to agree with Minicoop on this one, if you can it would be nice to see a slightly different crop where the entire arch is visible. If it were me I'd probably try losing even a bit more of the ground in front of the doorway, and crop it so the two framed signs on either side of the door are much closer to the outer edges of the frame. The crop as is just seems like there is a lot of space on the left side of the frame that really doesn't add much to the photo.

Thank you for your c and c. Is this version better?

qa44nhubmi9mtp6zg.jpg

Well keep in mind this is very quick and dirty and was done with paint since I'm at work at the moment, so no photoshop, but I was thinking something like this perhaps:

Well keep in mind this is very quick and dirty and was done with paint since I'm at work at the moment, so no photoshop, but I was thinking something like this perhaps:

Is it justifiable to break the rule of thirds in this case?

Well the rule of thirds is really more of a simplification of other compositional guidelines, so really it's "acceptable" to break it whenever you want.

Is it justifiable to break the rule of thirds in this case?

Why not? It is just a guideline...a very good guideline, but not a rule. And to be honest I do not see where you even bent it strongly.

Yes I agree with you. It is just a guideline. So which version do you think its the best?

Here's yet another version:

IMG_9896 v2 small - Version 2.jpg

I see the doorway as essentially vertical, so I cropped it vertically.

Since the top of the arch is missing, it loses something in this interpretation.

Most reactions

Back