Want a DSLR with video? (D90 preview)

ACTUALLY, this would be interesting to have. It would be a great tutorial tool. TO show examples of compsition but zooming in and out to shot it.

Ex: to play with the aperture while pressing the DoF preview button while recording video....would be interesting

I don't. Video = More money for a feature I'll never use.

Yup. Same here. I already have a VidCam.

But from marketing point of view, it does sound 'enticing' especially if you are jumping over from P&S.

I'm a videographer. A videographer is just a photographer who can make use of the forth dimension. One who isn't confined to frozen time. One who understands not simply the lines that fashion art but one who can traverse them. There are no other differences. Except perhaps as Mike points put, the opportunity to expand.
While this is partially true. I am the kind of person who wants their photography camera to shoot photos only. And will use their videocamera for videos. While I know this maybe archaic thought, it is how I want things. Im so glad Im not even looking at that cmaera as an option anyhow.

So you want to buy a $2,000 kick-ass dSLR lens and then be stuck with the wimpy ($50 equiv.) lens that is on your video camera? Or you have $30k video camera that can change lenses? I had one. Sold it about 2 years ago tho. I wand the Red but now I'm kinda not doing that any more so no real need. :(

How would that work? I mean wont the sensor get hot? The mirror has to go up when you're exposing the sensor, so how would you see what you're recording?

I bet that is SO going to kill battery life like you wouldn't believe.

How would that work? I mean wont the sensor get hot? The mirror has to go up when you're exposing the sensor, so how would you see what you're recording?

I bet that is SO going to kill battery life like you wouldn't believe.

Live view and hopefully the incorporation of a more EVF like display? Remember also that some of these cameras have HDMI output too. :D How hot it gets depends on the design of the chip and whatever measures they engineer for cooling - if needed.

Here's the Red btw:

redone_3.jpg

Oh Yeah!!!
Image courtesy of Red (www.red.com)
Also see: http://www.red.com/skin/img/nab_2008/nab2008.pdf

Last edited:
That thing looks like it's 4 cables short of firing laser beams at alien ships.

yeah, and coming in at about $30,000, it better be able to. Although that is an incredible price for something with that quality compared to others.

http://www.red.com/store I'm sorry, but some of the prices just seem ridiculous

$100 for 5 wingnuts*
$20 for a 6" steel rod*
$250 for a handle*
$550 for a 16gb CF card which requires the $500 CF card adapter

* maybe I am missing something, but those items appear as though they could be developed in under an hour by anyone who completed middle school, then produced for a few dollars. Either they better be selling the body and lenses under cost or it seems like a complete scam.

So you want to buy a $2,000 kick-ass dSLR lens and then be stuck with the wimpy ($50 equiv.) lens that is on your video camera? Or you have $30k video camera that can change lenses? I had one. Sold it about 2 years ago tho. I wand the Red but now I'm kinda not doing that any more so no real need. :(
Ah video Im not picky on quality as much as I am photos. Beside the video in a dslr isnt going to be pro quality either. Also if I wanted to shoot HQ video my cousin works for a cable channel and, can get me a cam to use. Now what would be nice though would be though is a Nikon video camera that I could use my slr lenses on. :lol:

Video on a DSLR is great. My background is both photography and television production and this feature is perfect for multimedia prsentations where I can mix stills and video projected on a screen. Short video segments do not require anything more than a DSLR with good resolution and they mix well with animations and graphics too. I have and would use that feature a lot.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back