Want A New Sony.

I don't know why you couldn't use an SLT. What will it not do at a wedding another camera can? Unless a football game breaks out at the reception?

What stuns me here... is the fact that a couple of the guys here have attacked a 14 year old kid for supposedly not knowing what he is talking about or asking an incoherent question... offer him some inspiration and not negativity.

argieramos said:
But SLT is still better than shooting with Canon that has outdated sensor.

Now Hockeybum,
If you really want a new Sony, get the a580. It is one of the best APS-C camera. No Canon APS-C can match the a580. Better IQ, Dynamic Range, Color accuracy, Lower Noise in high ISO.
If your money is tight, just rent some fast lenses like the 70-200mm 2.8 or CZ 24-70mm which is also better than the Canon counterpart. :)

This wasn't an appropriate place to attack canon. Either try to help the kid out or stfu.

the pics per second is a lot of hype. That really means nothing. Plus since OP has not posted anymore I think this is going nowhere fast.

Thanks for the help. This camera is NOT just for weddings! I also do sports photography and thats why i need a fast shutter speed, as for the wedding im going to be an assistant to a professional photographer. I already know that i need a very wide aperture because it IS a wedding and weddings are usually low light. I was not asking for a camera that is good for weddings though!! i just wanted to know what you think is the best sony camera i can get for that price.

hockeybum said:
Thanks for the help. This camera is NOT just for weddings! I also do sports photography and thats why i need a fast shutter speed, as for the wedding im going to be an assistant to a professional photographer. I already know that i need a very wide aperture because it IS a wedding and weddings are usually low light. I was not asking for a camera that is good for weddings though!! i just wanted to know what you think is the best sony camera i can get for that price.

Your a55 will do fine. You need good lenses for that job.

I hope you provide an amateur disclaimer for every one of your wedding contracts. Wait, you will have a signed contract correct? Business license? Tax ID? DBA? Liability and Equipment insurance? Backup bodies? Woah boy...

None of those things are required to shoot a wedding. They are required to run a business. Perhaps he's shooting a relative or friends wedding as a favour or for fun. Stop scare-mongering.

I personally have seen a complete wedding shot with a Fuji point and shoot. Guess what, they came out better than some photos shot by so called professionals around here using "real" gear. Its not the tool in front, but the "tool" behind that matters. I would not personally shoot someones wedding with my Sony hx1 but it can be done. Any slr is quite capable of shooting just about anything with the right lens attached.

I also do sports photography and thats why i need a fast shutter speed

SLT-A55 = 1/4000s fastest shutter speed
SLT-A77 = 1/8000s

Not too many cameras go faster than that.
1/4000s is fast enough to shoot sports (unless you are taking pictures of shooting events and want to capture the bullets).

or are you referring to the Frames Per Second (frame rate)

SLT-A55 = 6fps / 10fps burst
SLT-A77 = 8fps / 12fps burst

What stuns me here... is the fact that a couple of the guys here have attacked a 14 year old kid for supposedly not knowing what he is talking about or asking an incoherent question... offer him some inspiration and not negativity.

Does not surprise me :lol: but it sounds like he can't use the camera he has

I shot lots of sports and have probably never gone above 1/2000 maybe a bit higher if shooting at F2.8 on a bright day

I see you returned to offer him inspiration!

Oh wait, no you didn't.

I hope you provide an amateur disclaimer for every one of your wedding contracts. Wait, you will have a signed contract correct? Business license? Tax ID? DBA? Liability and Equipment insurance? Backup bodies? Woah boy...

None of those things are required to shoot a wedding. They are required to run a business. Perhaps he's shooting a relative or friends wedding as a favour or for fun. Stop scare-mongering.

According to the many newcomers, they aren't required to run a business either. Most folks that are new here that just got their DSLR ARE trying to do jobs as a business they're trying to start. The problem is, 99% of them don't even know what any of the things I mentioned even are and hence are operating illegally (or will be). The OP mentioned that he has no money but will because he will be doing wedding photography this summer. Never was it mentioned that he was going to be a paid apprentice. I wasn't "scare-mongoring", just reality-mongoring. The reality is most folks trying to start a business get their DSLR and facebook page and think they're done. Just trying to educate the OP and open his eyes before he gets in to deep. He has since mentioned that he will be an apprentice to a pro but it would still not hurt for him to be aware of these things and start learning these things if his own photography business is something he wishes to pursue one day. I don't see what the problem with this is.

I see you returned to offer him inspiration!

Oh wait, no you didn't.

I'm not quite sure how my response merited the 'sarcasm', I was simply saying to 'go easy' on a 14 year old...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back