Want to build my own studio in my room.

Dcrymes84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hope im posting this in the correct place. I would like to make a studio inside my room. My room is brown paneling, i know im gonna have to buy some pull down backgrounds and i need some light fixtures. I wanna build my own light fixture. I know i need a light but what wattage? and I'll need a tripod stand for the light. What do i se to make the thing that goes behind the light the round aluminum peice i guess thats there to let light bounce off. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks a lot.

What do you want to shoot in your 'studio'? How big is your space?

If it's small objects, then the type of lighting you get, shouldn't matter much, as long as you are consistent. If you are going to shoot things that might move (people) then I'd suggest you look at flash/strobe type lighting, rather than continuous lighting.

How big is your space?

do tell.
i think that will be a big part to your answer, as you'll have to have enough space for people, and the ability to move around a bit for different compositions (not to mention equipment, and enough space to move lights around and whatnot). unless you wanna start a passport picture studio. ;)

edit:
are you asking how to make a beauty dish?
there are DIY topics online, as well as in this forum.

it can be a flash...a big white plastic bowl...and a semi-transparent cover from a stack of blank cds or dvds. some vecro, some tape....
try searching "DIY beautydish".

If you only have the Fuji s1500 i don't think it has a sinc port and dosn't have a hotshoe so how will you fire your lights ?

i overlooked that little tidbit.

could fire off cam flashes with optical triggers.

do you plan on upgrading your equipment at all crymes?
not a NECESSITY, but i think it would improve your 'studio environment' to have options. (yes i know...im sure there have been great studio photogs that use minimal equipment lol)

edit again:
the more i read your first post, the more i think what youre looking for as far as lighting is one of those dome worklights. home depot's got em...cheap.

you wanna run the lamps constant? or like strobes?

this thread is generating lots of questions for you to answer :D

If you only have the Fuji s1500 i don't think it has a sinc port and dosn't have a hotshoe so how will you fire your lights ?

He probably wanted to go with continuous lighting so he didnt figure that into the equation. A couple 150w clamp lights shot through a thin sheet of tissue paper would suffice.

He probably wanted to go with continuous lighting so he didnt figure that into the equation. A couple 150w clamp lights shot through a thin sheet of tissue paper would suffice.

Iso 800 and about 1 foot from their face, i wouldn't buy less than a 400 watt flash

Iso 800 and about 1 foot from their face, i wouldn't buy less than a 400 watt flash

Worked for me? And for the guy linked....
Im confused. Nothing is going to be flashing...

Most reactions

Back