want to buy 50d

keith foster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keithdewey3.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to buy a Canon 50d. I am currently shooting an xTi so have a few lenses but want to upgrade.
I am totally new to this forum and this is my first post so be patient if I am slow to get back to you.

are you looking to sell ur xti?

I am at the same position. I have the 400D/Xti and want to switch decimals (x00D to x0D or even xD). But my wallet is underexposured. I'd recommend:
1) Get the 40D since there isn't much difference for the buck, and invest some in glass instead.
2) Wait for the 60D (no details yet) to come out, and hope the 50D will fall in price.
3) Just get some glass, and relax. Tell yourself that the 400D is a great camera and shoot on.
4) Don't buy anything at all. Keep for later and wait for the second wave of the financial crisis, which might be devastating.:)
HIH

I am buying some new glass and have already ordered the 50 f1.2 from B&H. I am ready to step up camera wise and the 50d looked like a pretty good compromise. Thanks for the advice on the 40 though.

I am buying some new glass and have already ordered the 50 f1.2 from B&H. I am ready to step up camera wise and the 50d looked like a pretty good compromise. Thanks for the advice on the 40 though.
If you ever want to share that 50 1.2 just let me know... haha

I will keep you in mind Big. The thing I am worried about is what excuse I am going to use for not getting the shot right now that my wife is letting me get this lense.

I have a 50D I'm selling in the original box with everything including the blank warranty card. Let me know if your interested. I'm asking $830. It's got around 7K on it and it's in perfect condition.:D

I have a 50D I'm selling in the original box with everything including the blank warranty card. Let me know if your interested. I'm asking $830. It's got around 7K on it and it's in perfect condition.:D

I appreciate your offer, but I think for the price I will buy new.

im slightly thinking about selling my 50d and 70-200 2.8l non is as a package for 2k

That would be an excellent lense to have with the camera and your price is fair but I already ordered a new lense and so don't have the cash right now for any additional glass.

if you ever change your mind... let me know... hope santa gets you what you want and need !

2) Wait for the 60D (no details yet) to come out, and hope the 50D will fall in price.

HIH

This is unlikely to happen any time soon. Canon released the 7D a couple of months ago.

Most reactions

Back