Want to buy a Digital Camera

megalens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

This is my first posting and I am all new here.

I am about to buy a digital camera as long as I find it affordable. My range would be around $300-350

My primary objectives would be:

1) to use it for indoor or outdoor photography to finally move myself from P&S camera user to a more advanced thing (i guess they call it SLRs) and to slowly and gradually become a professional photographer who could make photography as a side business.

2) people talk about lens but I have no idea as to what lens should I go for? My father has an old Yashika non-digital film camera but i guess the lens cannot be detached

3) I am not well acquainted with technical terms about camera models etc, please elaborate your responses bearing in mind this lacking.

Thanks
Megalens

you aren't going to get a new SLR for 300-350.
Either you can increase your budget, or you can look for used on KEH.com

Are you wanting film or digital? Sideburns is right you wont be able to get anything new and even used will be hard to find around the 300- 350 mark especially if you still need other equipment other then just a body& cheap lens.

you aren't going to get a new SLR for 300-350.
Either you can increase your budget, or you can look for used on KEH.com

Thanks for your responses Sideburns and HolyGhosted.

What if I increase my budget upto $500.
Are Olympus or Sony less expensive brands as compared to Nikkon or Canon? I saw a documentary on National Geographic, they conduct photo training camps and use Olympus digital cameras to train amateur photographers. I guess there must be some specific reason to use Olympus for newbies.

There are not that many differences between olympus,nikon,canon,sony on the beginner level except the mounts for lens, how the menus are set up and then lenses available.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back