Want To Buy Nikon D200 or D90

Nanogeek815

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All,
I am a High School Senior and have been selling Photography and starting to work on Senior photos. I am looking for a Nikon D200 or D90 to upgrade from my Lumix DMC-FZ28. I am on a limited budget but since my buisness has been making money, I need to invest.

Post or email me at [email protected]
if you have one you are selling.

Thank You,
(Catfish) John

Hey Nanogeek!

So you're stepping up from the FZ28? That's a real nice P&S, so remember to keep it as a smaller more portable camera when you get your DSLR.

Now, I'm assuming that you know a fair bit about photography already. You've probably been shooting on manual mode, aperture priority or shutter priority already. The D200 has only those 3 modes, plus a program auto mode, so a more advanced auto. The D90 has more modes, like full auto and some scenes.

The D200 is more rugged, and is whether resistant. It has a lower resolution chip, but it doesn't make a huge difference. The D90 is much better in low light, and has an overall better image quality plus bells and whistles like movie mode, or the higher resolution screen.

The D200 is for the person who wants a more professional feel, and doesn't mind having more noise in low light. The D90 is for the person who wants a small body and great image quality in all light, but doesn't mind a more cheap plastic feel.

Also, the D200 meters with Nikon's very old lenses. But unless you have 30 year old lenses, this won't matter.

The D200 is also cheaper, since it's 5 years old. You can get a real bargain for it used.

Hello All,
I am a High School Senior and have been selling Photography and starting to work on Senior photos. I am looking for a Nikon D200 or D90 to upgrade from my Lumix DMC-FZ28. I am on a limited budget but since my buisness has been making money, I need to invest.

Post or email me at [email protected]
if you have one you are selling.

Thank You,
(Catfish) John

Here is what I currently have listed on a buy/sell site:

Nikon D200 - less than 3000 actuations - was a backup body
Nikon MB-D200 vertical grip
Second battery
Nikkor 17-55 f2.8 AFS ED DX - pristine condition
Nikon SB-800 flash
2 Sandisk 4 GB CF cards
Lowepro camera bag to put it all in

All with original chargers, cables, caps, packaging and documentation.

I prefer not to break up the package: price $2,100.00 CDN - you pay the shipping.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back