gg987 said:
Not sure what is so amusing about my post. If someone wants a D800 and wants to trade a D800E I will be happy to pay the difference in price between the two. This is a legitimate offer and you schoolboys can take it somewhere else.
Listen junior, this isn't
eBay and this isn't a swap meet.
If your first post ever on this forum is trying to sell a $3000 camera, you can expect to get heckled.
Your sarcastic response isn't helping your cause.
No, the terms of membership and the rules here specifically prevent you from heckling a poster. Let's say I was a photographer with an extra camera. I started to look into selling it and wow, found a photography forum with a buy/sale forum. That isn't totally outside the rhealm of possibility. Some may even consider it likely.
Turns out, there are millions of photographers and only a few hundred of them post on TPF regularly.
Since I know you don't have a D800e, I'm not even sure why you are bothering to respond in the first place.
If somebody wants to purchase something from an unknown seller, that is their business, not yours.
As far as a proper course of action, if you wanted to be helpful instead of heckle, you could have simply explained that this forum isn't very trusting and ask if the OP has sold anything online or has a link to any other forum where he has good feedback.
But in any case, it is never your right to make fun of a poster just because you don't know who he is...actually, that seems like the dumbest reason to make fun of anybody, period.
In any case, the OP is in LA...seems like in a town like that craigslist might be the better way to go and make the exchange locally, or at a local camera shop that has a backorder to fill for D800's.