wanted: ideas for wedding background

jonb42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for some input as to a background color to use in a wedding shoot for some formal shots of the wedding party. The bridesmaid's dresses are a deep purple (taffeta or something like) the bride is in white :) and the groom black. That's the basics. They have a black velvet curtain they want to use but I have questions about this - sure it'll make the bride stand out but how about the groom's shoulders?... Some kind of drapes to add? Ditch the black altogether? Or make it work with the right lighting?

Any ideas I'd appreciate them!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Be sure to use a kicker if using the black drapes. You should really base you selection on the personality of you couple. Square-pegs and round-holes and all of that make an unhappy couple.

wouldnt use a black background for full length wedding shots.

it would be ok for head shots but why not get outside with the glorious countryside for the backdrops. trees flowers ect

:lol::lol: sorry :lol::lol:

im in the sunny uk 18 degrees today and the sun shining,

BUT WE DONT SEE MANY WHALES DO YOU?

I'm originally from the UK also, but been in sunny (above the clouds & in the summer) Alaska for the last 10 years.

The posted pic was taken a couple weeks ago. NOT with a good camera! But it does show off some of the white on the ground.

So, it is prohibitively cold outside (group huddle shot) and inside there is a distinct lack of cool architecture. There are of course wedding decorations etc etc but yes I am stuck with being inside and needing a background and hoping to dress up the black velvet somehow if possible to avoid direct refusal to use it...

Please expand on the use of a kicker with the bk velvet. Also - how far forwards would you say for them to stand from the draped wall?

As far as green... Are you serious? "Green" covers a lot of turf (no pun intended) - what are you thinking?

-Jon B

Most reactions

New Topics

Back