Wanted To Trade Bronica AEII

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have a Waist Level ETRS finder they'd like to trade for a working AEII and grip in perfect condition. WLF must be in similar condition.

Last edited:
Really? No Bronica users interested in a AEII?...or just no Bronica users...period?

Sorry, I can't help you :( I do like a waist-level finder and don't blame you wanting to swap. Maybe try over at apug?

Thanks Leonore, I just never cared for holding a MF at eye level. It just never felt natural to me. I had a Porroflex finder for my 330 /220 and I always felt ridiculous holding a twin lens reflex at eye level so I never used it.
One of my Bronica's came with the AEII prizm finder and grip. I never got around to "fixing it" so I thought now's the time.

BTW, I don't know how familiar you are with Mamiya 330 gadgets, but one thing I had that was really nice was called a Paramender. It goes between your 330 and the tripod head to correct for Parallax. Nice little gadget for closeup photography. It's a precision geared rail that's exactly the height between your two lenses. You focus as normal with your viewing lens then crank up the Paramender and snap your picture. Your taking lens is now in the exact position of your viewing lens. Cool stuff for close up photography with a TLR

My 645 has a prism finder, too, and I'd love to get a WLF for it at some point. You're right - it just feels wrong somehow. The camera is very big, for one, and for me at least, it made things feel too much like shooting 35mm, and I think it's one of the reasons it took me a while to really wrap my head around medium-format. I was told a WLF on a 645 is not good for shooting in portrait orientation on a 645, but I very rarely shoot portrait with that camera anyway, so it's no skin off my nose.

That Paramender sounds very useful! Thanks for telling me about it. My C330 has a little bar that shows up in the ground glass and it moves to show the upper limit of the frame as I focus in close. I still have to guess at the lower limit of the frame. I do like me some close-up shots in MF :)

Most reactions

Back