Wanting to start a photography business!

I say you GO girl!!!! Don't let anyone get in your way!! I just do photography for a hobby and have made a little $ doing it for friends. I have 2 other businesses in the works (that have nothing to do with photography), have taken several biz classes at school. Don't let anyone discourage you!!!

Regardless of what others say if you want something then you go for it!!! Good Luck =)

Oh, yah.
Go for it.
If you have the passion, just ignore whether you have the skills.

Passionate about photography?
Go ahead, girl.
Don't wait.
Start shooting now.

Me, I've decided I want to be a brain surgeon; I'm having cards printed now.
Because I'm new and inexperienced, I'm doing the first few in their home or in my garage (which is better because there is a slick floor and a drain.)

Good luck.
(I've also ordered both a BMW 740-I and a red VW Golf R model for taking to the club.)

The_Traveler said:
Oh, yah.
Go for it.

Go ahead, girl.
Don't wait.
Start shooting now.

Because I'm new and inexperienced, I'm doing the first few in their home or in my garage (which is better because there is a slick floor and a drain.)

Good luck.
(I've also ordered both a BMW 740-I and a red VW Golf R model for taking to the club.)

Lol

Regardless of what others say if you want something then you go for it!!! Good Luck =)

Oh, yah.
Go for it.

Go ahead, girl.
Don't wait.
Start shooting now.

Good luck.

I would say BRAIN SURGERY is much more intense than taking photos, LOL!!!!!! At least if ya screw up on photos, you can slavage it. I back up ALL my originals on an external hard drive so if I screw up....can fix it. You are too funny...but if you REALLY wanna be a brain surgeon, go for it!!

Oh, yah.
Go for it.

Go ahead, girl.
Don't wait.
Start shooting now.

Good luck.

I would say BRAIN SURGERY is much more intense than taking photos, LOL!!!!!! At least if ya screw up on photos, you can slavage it. I back up ALL my originals on an external hard drive so if I screw up....can fix it. You are too funny...but if you REALLY wanna be a brain surgeon, go for it!!

You're totally missing the point Lew made.

Why are we resurrecting old posts for no reason?
It's not that old. Mind you it's interesting that often those who feel they are ready to start a business aren't ready to show their photos on the forum for fear of harsh criticism...

The "fix it in post" mentality is a bad one to have. Granted, brain surgery is more intense than photography (unless you're photographing a brain surgeon). But certain types of photography consist of getting VERY critical shots... and you can't always "fix it" after the fact.

If you miss the shot altogether, you're screwed.

Wanting to get an idea is the first step to actually thinking of an idea.

Phrased simply without any sarcasm or attempt at humor:

Wanting to do something, having a passion to do something is ............ well, nice, but in the final reckoning, doesn't mean squat.
Having the intelligence, the ability, the vision, the persistence, the means to do something is actually what counts.

I really have a passion for photography, I really want to be a great photographer but the unpleasant truth, to me at least, is that I just don't have that little bit of artistic vision that will let me make that jump from merely adequate with decent skills to something better.

Passion is nice and sounds good when you talk about it but accomplishment - that's a bit more difficult.

Everyone and their mother is a photographer. I think my mom just became one too. :)

%30 communication skills, %40 photographic skills, %30 business skills. IMO

Most reactions

New Topics

Back