What's new

Wanting to upgrade from a T2i to a 60D

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter msteinblock
  • Start date Start date
M

msteinblock

Guest
What would you suggest on the route to upgrade from a T2i to a 60D? Sell it online? Trade? Should I try to get or stay away from used equipment? Will the parts for my T2i work with the 60D (grip, batteries, etc)? Anyone here in the market for a lightly used T2i or want to trade? :)
 
Why do you want to switch? I don't think the 60D is that significantly better than the T2i. Doesn't seem worth the upgrade.
 
I am wanting the bigger "better feel" solid body, and the wheel at the back for controls. The menu/controls on the T2i seem very inefficient for manual photo control. I know the "inards" are somewhat identical, I just like the function/feel of the 60D
 
I agree with Offhand. I don't think the 60D is enough of an upgrade from the T2i. Better off with the 7D.

Either way I'd sell it locally. You'll probably get more for it.

I remember getting my hands on the T2i after having the XT for a while. I thought the T2i was a beast lol.
 
I'm gonna disagree with other folks here... The interface is the biggest difference between the XXd bodies and rebel bodies, and is enough of a difference to prevent me from ever considering a rebel. The sensors are very similar yes, but the viewfinders on the XXd are much higher quality, and also accept interchangeable focusing screens. Additionally the Rebels are missing dedicated controls for settings you that you need to adjust for every single shot when you shoot in manual.

I don't think the grip and batteries will be compatible unfortunately. I've had really good success selling on ebay, you generally tend to get a very fair price if you build a nice post with lots of photos. Locally you have a change of getting a better-than-fair price, if you're interested in that.
 
thanks everyone for the help. I am working locally. Thanks!
 
Upgrading from an entry level camera to an entry level camera makes little sense to me.

I guess the 60d could be considered boarder line entry level.....
 
Cost is close but has a better feel and ease of changing manual settings
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom