Wapiti in field

Tony S

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wapiti, the indian name for elk. I was supposed to work yesterday morning but got really sick on the drive in, so turned around and then saw this herd of elk. The picture taking was good until the point that I started to throw up again and that gave away my hiding spot and they left the area. I went home to bed and was not able to even look at these until late last night.
It was foggy when I first saw them, but by the time I got to where I could take their pictures the fog was giving way to the bright morning sunshine.

A nice little 5x6 bull, a little hazy from the lingering fog I was in.
403370010.jpg

He's a 4x4, has two small eyeguards at the bases...
403370028.jpg

Now these are some long spikes....
403370049.jpg

Of course there was one lady in the crowd, she was the one that spotted me after the upchuck...
403370047.jpg

The bull once the fog cleared out...

403370038.jpg

403370051.jpg

It's a party at the edge of the woods...

403370060.jpg

Except they chased this little guy out from his bed...

403370063.jpg

Yikes! First hope you are feeling better! Second lol @ nauseous and still stopping to shoot them (I'd likely do the same lol)

Gorgeous shots, such beautiful creatures.

My only nitpick is a few of them look like they can benefit from a little crop. Shots 3, 4 and 6 have the treeline way at the top of the image and it is distracting and draws my eye back and away from the subject.

Took a sec to do a crop to show what I am thinking, sometimes it is easier than words.

Hope you get better soon! Very nice shots of very pretty animals. Love the 5th shot of that big bull.
Thanks for sharing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back