What's new

Warrenty Woe...

^^ not a good habit. There is professionalism or worry, no need to fuss with both.

I have no idea if you're referring to me or Mr. Point and Shoot above you.
 
^^ haha i was talking to you. he ninja'd that post in
 
^^ haha i was talking to you. he ninja'd that post in

Then I have no idea what you're talking about period. :lol:

My point was, just because I'm not getting paid for a shoot, doesn't mean I can't still handle myself as professionally as possible... which includes not wanting to cancel or change things around if I can help it. Perhaps some people wouldn't be concerned with it, but it's a standard I hold myself to. Always have, always will. :biggrin:

That being said, I've found a few solutions, none of which will be necessary, should the turn around indeed be as quick as has been stated... but I have solutions lined up just in case... so the whole thing has really become a non-issue. :sillysmi:
 
I was just saying that theres a difference between being worried and professional. Make matters short im saying get in the practice of not worrying, especially about the small details because your taking the fun out of it!
 
I was just saying that theres a difference between being worried and professional. Make matters short im saying get in the practice of not worrying, especially about the small details because your taking the fun out of it!

Okay... I'm not really gonna try and sit here debating semantics ... because in all honesty I'm PMSing REALLY hard right now... :lol: ... but when I said "I always worry about everything I shoot", I didn't mean I STRESSED about it... I meant I *care* about it... put *effort* into it... treat it as though I were getting paid.... :lmao:

So don't YOU worry... I'm not *worrying*, nor am I taking the fun out of anything. I'm TERRIBLY notorious for ditching activities and jobs which I no longer deem to be fun or at the very least beneficial to me in any way... if I wasn't having fun, I would just sell the camera, not get it fixed. :sexywink:

:biglaugh: :biggrin:
 
The problem is probably with the 50mm lens. Maybe you could just do the shoots without the services of the 50. How bad is the problem? And what exactly *is* the problem, E? I mean, what's going on? Are you sure it is a mechanical problem WITH THE EQUIPMENT, or is it perhaps some type of operator error with the exact,specific manner in which the equipment is being used? I'm not sure what the problem is....for example, if say it will not focus using the outer-most AF brackets, which are not cross-type AF brackets on most lower- and mid-level cameras, many times the camera will FAIL to achieve an AF lock on the desired target when the camera is held in either the horizontal or vertical orientation, BUT when the camera is rotated about 45 degrees either way, it WILL LOCK-ON!!!

So...what's the problem again???
 
The problem is probably with the 50mm lens. Maybe you could just do the shoots without the services of the 50. How bad is the problem? And what exactly *is* the problem, E? I mean, what's going on? Are you sure it is a mechanical problem WITH THE EQUIPMENT, or is it perhaps some type of operator error with the exact,specific manner in which the equipment is being used? I'm not sure what the problem is....for example, if say it will not focus using the outer-most AF brackets, which are not cross-type AF brackets on most lower- and mid-level cameras, many times the camera will FAIL to achieve an AF lock on the desired target when the camera is held in either the horizontal or vertical orientation, BUT when the camera is rotated about 45 degrees either way, it WILL LOCK-ON!!!

So...what's the problem again???

It *is* the 50mm... It's front focusing, like I suspected for the last few months. I took it into another camera shop yesterday and had them look at it. They saw the issue on my camera and then tried the lens on their own T2i body and had the same result.

I can get by without the 50, because there's one readily available for me to borrow, but the gentlemen at the shop stated that I'd probably have to send my body in with the lens to have them calibrate it *to* the T2i.
 
How bad is the front focus at say 10 feet? Is it off by like a foot? Is it 100 percent positive that the focusing is off? Or is it possible that the Autofocus Bracket in the viewfinder use is not accurately correlated with the actual location that the camera's AF system uses??? I'm not being flippant here--MANY cameras, and I mean MANY cameras, have AF systems in which the AF bracket in the viewfinder is NOT an accurate, 100 percent representation of the actual area that the AF system uses to calculate focus; this type of issue was at one time a simply HUGE issue with some of the older Nikon consumer bodies that had only three AF areas. There are some exercises (experiments/tests/procedures) that can help the user determine exactly how wide the AF area in ACTUAL USE is, as it relates to the AF brackets inside the viewfinder. One way to do this is to take the camera outdoors into good light, and focus on something like a laundry line pole or a monkey bars pole (roughly a 2 inch O.D. steel pipe in the ground) with each AF bracket, and see for yourself exactly when and where the AF bracket "takes ahold" and where it "loses it grip" and focuses toward the back of the scene...

You might be very surprised to find that the AF bracket's aiming point does NOT correspond as closely to the actual area that the AF measuring system is working with...this is the kind of thing that a casual user, or even a camera store salesman might not be 100 percent aware of, unless he's very knowledgeable in the nuances of AF systems and how they actually work...
 
How bad is the front focus at say 10 feet? Is it off by like a foot? Is it 100 percent positive that the focusing is off? Or is it possible that the Autofocus Bracket in the viewfinder use is not accurately correlated with the actual location that the camera's AF system uses??? I'm not being flippant here--MANY cameras, and I mean MANY cameras, have AF systems in which the AF bracket in the viewfinder is NOT an accurate, 100 percent representation of the actual area that the AF system uses to calculate focus; this type of issue was at one time a simply HUGE issue with some of the older Nikon consumer bodies that had only three AF areas. There are some exercises (experiments/tests/procedures) that can help the user determine exactly how wide the AF area in ACTUAL USE is, as it relates to the AF brackets inside the viewfinder. One way to do this is to take the camera outdoors into good light, and focus on something like a laundry line pole or a monkey bars pole (roughly a 2 inch O.D. steel pipe in the ground) with each AF bracket, and see for yourself exactly when and where the AF bracket "takes ahold" and where it "loses it grip" and focuses toward the back of the scene...

You might be very surprised to find that the AF bracket's aiming point does NOT correspond as closely to the actual area that the AF measuring system is working with...this is the kind of thing that a casual user, or even a camera store salesman might not be 100 percent aware of, unless he's very knowledgeable in the nuances of AF systems and how they actually work...

I'm aware of that just from reading you state that over and over before to other forum users :sillysmi:

Regardless, I'm sending the camera and lens in, to either get the official word on the issue, or the official repair.
 
How bad is the front focus at say 10 feet? Is it off by like a foot? Is it 100 percent positive that the focusing is off? Or is it possible that the Autofocus Bracket in the viewfinder use is not accurately correlated with the actual location that the camera's AF system uses??? I'm not being flippant here--MANY cameras, and I mean MANY cameras, have AF systems in which the AF bracket in the viewfinder is NOT an accurate, 100 percent representation of the actual area that the AF system uses to calculate focus; this type of issue was at one time a simply HUGE issue with some of the older Nikon consumer bodies that had only three AF areas. There are some exercises (experiments/tests/procedures) that can help the user determine exactly how wide the AF area in ACTUAL USE is, as it relates to the AF brackets inside the viewfinder. One way to do this is to take the camera outdoors into good light, and focus on something like a laundry line pole or a monkey bars pole (roughly a 2 inch O.D. steel pipe in the ground) with each AF bracket, and see for yourself exactly when and where the AF bracket "takes ahold" and where it "loses it grip" and focuses toward the back of the scene...

You might be very surprised to find that the AF bracket's aiming point does NOT correspond as closely to the actual area that the AF measuring system is working with...this is the kind of thing that a casual user, or even a camera store salesman might not be 100 percent aware of, unless he's very knowledgeable in the nuances of AF systems and how they actually work...

I'm aware of that just from reading you state that over and over before to other forum users :sillysmi:

Regardless, I'm sending the camera and lens in, to either get the official word on the issue, or the official repair.

WTF are you talking about??? I'VE NOT mentioned this before...wow...
 
How bad is the front focus at say 10 feet? Is it off by like a foot? Is it 100 percent positive that the focusing is off? Or is it possible that the Autofocus Bracket in the viewfinder use is not accurately correlated with the actual location that the camera's AF system uses??? I'm not being flippant here--MANY cameras, and I mean MANY cameras, have AF systems in which the AF bracket in the viewfinder is NOT an accurate, 100 percent representation of the actual area that the AF system uses to calculate focus; this type of issue was at one time a simply HUGE issue with some of the older Nikon consumer bodies that had only three AF areas. There are some exercises (experiments/tests/procedures) that can help the user determine exactly how wide the AF area in ACTUAL USE is, as it relates to the AF brackets inside the viewfinder. One way to do this is to take the camera outdoors into good light, and focus on something like a laundry line pole or a monkey bars pole (roughly a 2 inch O.D. steel pipe in the ground) with each AF bracket, and see for yourself exactly when and where the AF bracket "takes ahold" and where it "loses it grip" and focuses toward the back of the scene...

You might be very surprised to find that the AF bracket's aiming point does NOT correspond as closely to the actual area that the AF measuring system is working with...this is the kind of thing that a casual user, or even a camera store salesman might not be 100 percent aware of, unless he's very knowledgeable in the nuances of AF systems and how they actually work...

So basically like a gun that's sighted slightly off?
 
How bad is the front focus at say 10 feet? Is it off by like a foot? Is it 100 percent positive that the focusing is off? Or is it possible that the Autofocus Bracket in the viewfinder use is not accurately correlated with the actual location that the camera's AF system uses??? I'm not being flippant here--MANY cameras, and I mean MANY cameras, have AF systems in which the AF bracket in the viewfinder is NOT an accurate, 100 percent representation of the actual area that the AF system uses to calculate focus; this type of issue was at one time a simply HUGE issue with some of the older Nikon consumer bodies that had only three AF areas. There are some exercises (experiments/tests/procedures) that can help the user determine exactly how wide the AF area in ACTUAL USE is, as it relates to the AF brackets inside the viewfinder. One way to do this is to take the camera outdoors into good light, and focus on something like a laundry line pole or a monkey bars pole (roughly a 2 inch O.D. steel pipe in the ground) with each AF bracket, and see for yourself exactly when and where the AF bracket "takes ahold" and where it "loses it grip" and focuses toward the back of the scene...

You might be very surprised to find that the AF bracket's aiming point does NOT correspond as closely to the actual area that the AF measuring system is working with...this is the kind of thing that a casual user, or even a camera store salesman might not be 100 percent aware of, unless he's very knowledgeable in the nuances of AF systems and how they actually work...

I'm aware of that just from reading you state that over and over before to other forum users :sillysmi:

Regardless, I'm sending the camera and lens in, to either get the official word on the issue, or the official repair.

WTF are you talking about??? I'VE NOT mentioned this before...wow...

Why are you blowing a gasket? I wasn't being sarcastic. If it wasn't YOU that mentioned it... then it was someone else that deserves the credit, because I've read that before, several times, on THIS forum.

All I was saying is that I've considered that, due to having read it, but I'm still sending it in.

I thought *I* was PMSing today... jeez. :greenpbl:
 
erose--

Yes, you clearly are PM'sing today. I've been trying to help you, and you're acting like....a woman suffering from PMS--by her own admission. If you read the article I link to in my post above, perhaps you'll learn something about how your camera's AF system works, and that will be very helpful in diagnosing the problem accurately. Good luck on it.
 
erose--

Yes, you clearly are PM'sing today. I've been trying to help you, and you're acting like....a woman suffering from PMS--by her own admission. If you read the article I link to in my post above, perhaps you'll learn something about how your camera's AF system works, and that will be very helpful in diagnosing the problem accurately. Good luck on it.

Or I can just send it to Canon and let them diagnose the problem since they're probably more versed in it than I am.

I apologize if I've upset you by not overly thanking you for your post. It didn't go unnoticed, nor was I dismissing it, but the fact of the matter is, my warranty is up next week, so why waste it by NOT sending it in and letting the professionals handle it, rather than trying to figure it out on my own?

This is the second time I've had and encounter with you, trying to call me out on my "PMS"... and it seems that I only have this issue with *you* for some reason. Just because I admitted to someone else that I didn't want to battle over language usage, doesn't mean that everything I say is an argument. I would have made the same statement to you yesterday, tomorrow, or a week from now. Would you have taken it differently had you not seen the post prior to yours? I don't know... all I know is that you seem to like to try and pin me down for having an attitude with you, when I'm not, whenever you happen to see me mention possibly being moody in a situation unrelated to you.

With that... THANKS for your post.

I'm still sending it to Canon. :hug::
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom