Was lost. But now is found.

Agree completely mate. Unusually it's the first whisky that I liked, so I'm a bit of a whisky weirdo apparently. But then I also love smoked food, got a big smoker out the back but couldn't get boston butt here so I just do a full shoulder on the bone from a local quality butcher. Even done brisket a couple of times but had to order it online to get a packer cut as brisket here is a lower cut.

No Ardneg in the local shop but I have asked them to get a bottle in as well as a bottle of Lagavulin 16.

But they did have something new. :D

laphroaig copy.JPG

No Ardneg in the local shop but I have asked them to get a bottle in as well as a bottle of Lagavulin 16.

But they did have something new. :D

View attachment 183705

Lagavulin 16 is easily my favorite. Haven’t tried the Ardbeg corryvrecken, I’ll have check for it next time...

The quarter cask is nice, as is the Laphroig Select. I tried the triple wood once but didn't think it was anything to write home about.

Lagavulin is a cracking dram, also very peaty. If I remember right it's distilled in Port Ellen which was bought over by Diageo after it shut down.

I tried a 24 year old Port Ellen once, it was the best whisky I've ever had. Unfortunatley being out of production since 1983 they're mostly collectors editions now with bottles starting at £700.

The quarter cask is nice, as is the Laphroig Select. I tried the triple wood once but didn't think it was anything to write home about.

Lagavulin is a cracking dram, also very peaty. If I remember right it's distilled in Port Ellen which was bought over by Diageo after it shut down.

I tried a 24 year old Port Ellen once, it was the best whisky I've ever had. Unfortunatley being out of production since 1983 they're mostly collectors editions now with bottles starting at £700.

I need to come visit you!
The Mrs. may not be happy when I come home with the complete islay collection. lol

I am totally taking notes on all of the recommendations! I always get us a nice bottle of something for Christmas and am looking for something different.

The Laphroaig has become a staple. We've had Jura, too, and a few others I can't remember. I unfortunately have negative associations with Talisker (thanks to my arsehole ex) so I won't drink it. We once had a glass of Macallan 18 and now I need to save up to be able to maybe afford a bottle one day. Yum! And I have a soft spot for Edradour - smallest distillery in Scotland and the one I visited during the one (so far) time I spent a weekend in Scotland many moons ago. Hard to find in the States. I think I did see it once but can't remember where.

We are both somewhat partial to the peaty, salty Islays.

CRAP! I just saw a bottle of 35 year old Port Ellen for sale locally for the mere price of $4000 Canadian!!!
I may have to sell a kidney!

CRAP! I just saw a bottle of 35 year old Port Ellen for sale locally for the mere price of $4000 Canadian!!!
I may have to sell a kidney!

:bouncingsmileys: Know the feeling mate. I'll let you into a secret though, they sometimes do 20cl advance samples, still expensive for a dram but almost affordable for a very special occasion.

Christmas tipple.

by weepete on ThePhotoForum: Film & Digital Photography Forum

PS, if you haven't found the Glencairn Glass yet please get a couple. It's the definative whisky glass and went through a lot of development to get the best flavour and nose from whisky!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back