Was the D70s Worth it?

TUX424

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just ordered a Nikon D70s because i found one with the 18-70 kit lens on adorama for $454 USD and it seemed like to good of a deal to pass up. I would like to know id choicing the D70s was the right choice or is the D80 worth the extra $150 for body only. Keep in mind this was my first DSLR but i have been into photography for a few years now and wanted more features over a P&S camera which is what i used to have.

Was the D70s Worth it?

Absolutely. The D70s was my first dSLR, and I took some great pictures with that camera. I used the 18-70 kit lens for quite some time before moving up to the 28-70 2.8.

The biggest thing, IMO, is just take the time to learn the camera. Read the manual, many times over, and don't be afraid to play with settings. The best way to learn is to figure out just how you screwed something up.....:lmao:.

I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

Thanks Phranquey
I had been looking at the D80 for a while but then i found the D70s with a lens for the same price as the D80 (body only) i thought to use that money on a SB-600 or maybe towards a wide-angle :)
Im glad i made the chose to save money haha

I'd say go for the sb600. You'll have a nice setup to get yourself started. The 18-70 isn't ultra-wide, but it's plenty good enough for most situations. You will get much more use out of the flash instead of a lens that is slightly wider than what you already have.

Well im gonna need the flash b/c i shot snowboarding and that is all low light because we usaly ride at night so ill save for a little and get the SB-600 and i have a friends 70-300 vr and sigma 10-20 i can use
YES
Glad i went nikon
I have no canon friends :(

Most reactions

Back