Washing machine help!

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone know about this stuff? My whirlpool machine stopped draining. It will fill with water still, it will spin, but won't drain. I took it apart, and even have the drain pump off - nothing is clogging it. I attached my shopvac to both hoses and it seems to be all clear.

My question is that the drain pump doesn't seem like it does much (it's this: http://www.pwslaundry.com/images/F30513185.jpg). So... should I replace it, or is it just a strainer for a motor somewhere that needs replacing?

I did as much as I could on my own, but kind of confused now. Thanks.

(Edit: Or how do I test it?)

How old is it? It might be the pump but it might also be the control board or something electronic.

Its about maybe 10 years. I have it all apart I just don't really know how to test if its the pump or the motor (or the board now that you mention it). All the other stuff works though, the spinning and filling with water.

(edit: I should say that it was able to agitate when it was full of water, I've since drained it. I don't know if it spins or not - haven't tried it since it was drained)

[FONT=&quot] Check the Lid Switch and Lid Switch fuse if equipped with one. The washer will not spin and drain the water if the switch is defective. The good news is that it's about the cheapest part you can repalce if that's the problem

[/FONT]

I'd say it's the master control switch, if only part of the cycle is functioning correctly. They are very complicated switches, with multiple layers and multiple electrical connections.

[FONT=&amp] Check the Lid Switch and Lid Switch fuse if equipped with one. The washer will not spin and drain the water if the switch is defective. The good news is that it's about the cheapest part you can repalce if that's the problem

[/FONT]

Totally friggin' correct!! Tested it on the multimeter, no connection. So jury-rigged the wires to bypass the lid switch entirely and BAMDANGO it works like a charm!! Thanks Pug man, I never even would have thought of the lid switch.

Glad I could be of help. I'm not a professional repairman but I've lived awhile and been the "fixit man" of the house for over 40 years. So, I guess I've picked up some knowledge along the way. I'm glad it wasn't something more serious and expensive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back