Wasp and snail

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Bugs seem to be the order of the day, so here is my offering.

img7090010os.jpg

img710401aa7sv.jpg

img712202a5dj.jpg

Caption for the snail shot anyone?
TFL.
Ken.

wow great shots ken...... were these done with the sigma 70-300 macro you have in your signature list?....... if so.... your getting in closer than i can!

caption for the snail shot as requested;
"damn...... it took me all week to get here and its just a bloody leaf!"

KenCo said:
Thanks Archie and like the caption......These were taken with a set of bellows I got cheap, Here's a link about them with a couple of pics. The lens is a 50mm carl Zeiss.

wow sweet deal!..... did you ever get the adapter working? or are these done by holding the body to it?....... either way the results are fantastic..... and for 8 quid!......:shock: unbelievable.

amazing shots ken, nice work! :thumbup:

There all great but #1 is really good. The colors are super.

That wasp photo is the best wasp pic I have ever seen so far. By far the very best. Wow-wow-wow!

But what happened to it to take it from the first (still on all sixes) to the second (lying on its back)?
Did you have anything to do with this "transformation"?
Wow. All those hairs and the net eyes ... all ever so sharply in focus and crisp and clean and perfectly exposed and ... I shall stop raving NOW.

Cheers guys, thanks for the comments.

kelox said:
mind is i ask what the settings were and what lens was used?
The lens is a Carl Ziess Jenna Tessar 50mm 2.8
Question marks against the f no's. because it doesn't record the aperture as this is manual to the lens.....although I've played about with the aperture ring, I'm pretty sure that these were taken at F22 or very near.

1st
F22 ?
1/2sec
ISO 100
Bellows probably half way extended.

2nd
F22 ?
1/4sec
ISO 100
Bellows probably fully extended.

Archie said:
did you ever get the adapter working? or are these done by holding the body to it?
No, the T2 adapter although it does come apart, it is only the inside that comes out....which still makes it too big to fit inside the bellows. So all I did was to "no nails" it too the original mount that came with the bellows.....It's done the job and makes life much easier!

Thanks everyone for the comments....I've never really been into this macro stuff and these were achieved after only four or five attempts and, once you start it really does become quite adictive. Fun round the garden when you don't have the time to get away.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back