Wasp, Bee, Wasp

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As the title says...., and these were the only "keepers" out of about 40 photos. I'm kind of in a slump lately and hoping the tripod, remote release and extension tubes that I'm ordering will help me get sharper shots.

2008-07-27_1web.jpg

2008-07-28_7web.jpg

2008-07-28_19web.jpg

the first one is to 'busy' cant really see what is going on
I like the second and third one, love the yellow flower.and the insects are crisp
I moved to the US permanently a year ago and before that I had never seen wasps like the last one, They scare me sooooooo much if I see one near my front door I have to wait until it has flown away before I can even get in my house, Not been stung by one but they just look like they would hurt ALOT!
Nice pictures

Very nice! The second one is beautiful :)

third one is my favorite.
Thanks Cameron.

the first one is to 'busy' cant really see what is going on
I like the second and third one, love the yellow flower.and the insects are crisp
I moved to the US permanently a year ago and before that I had never seen wasps like the last one, They scare me sooooooo much if I see one near my front door I have to wait until it has flown away before I can even get in my house, Not been stung by one but they just look like they would hurt ALOT!
Nice pictures

That wasp in the last picture is nothing. We've got some around here that are blood red and about 2 inches long that make me almost wet myself when I see them. Someday I'll muster up the courage to try and get a macro of one......you all may never see me again though if it stings my head off.

Its only the keepers that count, Nate.
Good job on those last two.

Thanks and Good point. It's really frusterating when you spend all the time and get no keepers so at least I got a couple.

Very nice! The second one is beautiful :)

Thanks Dmitri.

I like #2 and 3 the best. Although that is a very interesting flower from #1. The flower grabs my attention more than the wasp.
We have a ton of the black ones they seem to be dumb will go into my screened in porch and get stuck there. Now hornets her are mean will dive bomb and sting your head so no pictures of them from me. I have got a few of the big fuzzy bumble bees, but not near as good as yours.

I like #2 and 3 the best. Although that is a very interesting flower from #1. The flower grabs my attention more than the wasp.
We have a ton of the black ones they seem to be dumb will go into my screened in porch and get stuck there. Now hornets her are mean will dive bomb and sting your head so no pictures of them from me. I have got a few of the big fuzzy bumble bees, but not near as good as yours.

Thanks for the complements. I'm the same way if I see a hornet....stay clear. The big Bumblebees chase me sometimes but back off when I get away. My wife laughs at me running backwards through the yard with my camera gear (as I'm sure the neighbors do too). THe first picture is actually the bloom from a really large tree, though I'm not sure of the name of the tree. We've got some mean looking wasps in my area and the worst ones I've yet to get on camera.

Thanks for the complements. I'm the same way if I see a hornet....stay clear. The big Bumblebees chase me sometimes but back off when I get away. My wife laughs at me running backwards through the yard with my camera gear (as I'm sure the neighbors do too). THe first picture is actually the bloom from a really large tree, though I'm not sure of the name of the tree. We've got some mean looking wasps in my area and the worst ones I've yet to get on camera.

That ok my husband was cracking up the day I got my 40D I had it on a tripod trying to get bee photos and they seemed to like me more. So I kept running away from my camera. :lol: I have only lived on my house all of 4 months now so the neighbors probably think I am really weird. I was doing some self portraits in my backyard I was getting funny looks. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back