Wasp

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took a bit of time to edit this mornings pictures while the sun got past midday and my battery charged. This is my favourite one but I MUST say I can't wait till something NOT YELLOW blooms!

I was sitting on the edge of the deck shooting the birds when I saw this guy on the flower. The birds were being uncooperative so I tried the wasp, I was pleased that I was far enough away to get him and he was way more cooperative lol

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look :)

I like the composition, generally speaking, and I like the way the colors match, but the green at the bottom does nothing for me. I might be tempted to simply crop off the green at the bottom altogether, or most of it anyway.

$8708370744_1bb3b9ddf9_c.jpg

I have to agree.... I prefer the original comp. However, the subject, need to be CLOSER! ;) It won't bite you! (sting maybe! lol!)

The yellow at the top is too bright and distracts from the subject. I would crop it the other way around, from the top, so the wasp is at the top 1/3 line, with the green balancing the picture. This would also close in on the bug.

I like the composition, generally speaking, and I like the way the colors match, but the green at the bottom does nothing for me. I might be tempted to simply crop off the green at the bottom altogether, or most of it anyway.

View attachment 43917
Thanks for the comment and edit Designer :) A big part of why I included the green is there is just sooooo much yellow with that crop I find it overpowering, I did try it originally but added the green to offset it a bit.
I like the green, it balances the image ... offsets the yellow.
Thanks Dxq :)
I have to agree.... I prefer the original comp. However, the subject, need to be CLOSER! ;) It won't bite you! (sting maybe! lol!)
Thanks Charlie, I didn't have an issue with being closer but my lens did ;) lol I was shooting birds with the 100-400 so I HAD to be far enough away ;)
I feel like its a little over exposed, other than that great!
Thanks Wes, it is over a little bit especially in the highlight on the petal front right.
The yellow at the top is too bright and distracts from the subject. I would crop it the other way around, from the top, so the wasp is at the top 1/3 line, with the green balancing the picture. This would also close in on the bug.
Thanks Irfan :) I will try that option again, I did try it but didn't like how the dark flower parts ended up being cropped but I think it is worth a revisit :)

Most reactions

Back