Watching the Geese Float By

midget patrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pros, cons, critique, commentary, suggestions always appreciated.
dsc0085copysmall5jh.jpg

Hmmmm. This one's not easy.

Her back is very dark and lacks in definition, while the blurred part of the photo is quite bright. I think our eyes get attracted first by bright parts, but here all those parts are blurred. Yet when they want to explore what is in focus, it is all dark...

I like the idea, but I also feel that a smaller aperture and deeper DOF with a somewhat less blurred background would also have helped. This one wants to make me put on my glasses that are already there...

Would you rather have seen this? I took both just to be on the safe side. :) Thanks for the input, keep it coming:
dsc0083medium1cs.jpg

I liket he first one better. Great DOF, and use of the rule of thirds (to an extent). The second image has a snapshot-ish feel to it. Alot of detail was lost in the lower portion of her hair, and would like to see her whole body, not just cut at the waist. Nice shot otherwise.

SantosD50 said:
I liket he first one better. Great DOF, and use of the rule of thirds (to an extent). The second image has a snapshot-ish feel to it. Alot of detail was lost in the lower portion of her hair, and would like to see her whole body, not just cut at the waist. Nice shot otherwise.
I agree that the first shot is nicer all-around. I actually dislike the second one. My mom was supposed to be the subject, and she's blurred.

Most reactions

Back