Water Drip

abel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took a water drip photo almost a year ago with my older Canon G5 camera and I thought I'd try to duplicate it to a certain extent today. I had forgotten how tough that photo actually was to get and I must admit I had a hard time getting it right today. After a ton of shots I finally decided to call it a day on this image. Hehee. If you guys get a chance you ought to try this particular shot in your sink. It is a great learning experience that's for sure!

2005-01-02.jpg

Canon 10D :: Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro :: 1/4000 s :: F 3.5 :: 100mm :: ISO 200 :: Flash Fired

I actually learned quite a bit about my camera and my 550ex flash today while taking this photograph. That's never a bad thing.
... i just set the faucet to drip once every couple of seconds or so and then placed my fingertip where the water was hitting the surface, prefocused on my finger and then switched the lens over to manual focus so that i can keep that focus point for multiple shots etc...

setup.jpg

goes to show u dont need a fancy setup... :wink:

wow that's great, it looks like a lady in a dress...bravo on the red background, unusual..big brownie points

Great shot! Is that a softbox for the 550? I've been thinking of getting one for my business, how do you like it?

Beautiful! I was going to ask you if you really got that shot in your sink (the red) and then you showed us how you did it. Brilliant!

Is that an external flash that I see?
Next thing for me to wish for!
And what a neat "tripod" you are using! Good.
Sometimes I think I might as well want to "go digital".
Would I spend a roll of film or two plus development costs and time to wait for everything to be back for an experiment like this? I guess not (else I might have tried it, too). Hm...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back