sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just playing with water drop photos last night (I know, I know...there are 14.6 billion photos on the net of water drops...but it's still a fun way to spend a boring evening sometimes).

As usual, I had more shots for the trash bin than for the keep bin. But as I was culling shots, a few of them just really caught my eye, so I kept them and processed them.

I know they're not really true abstracts; for one thing, I suppose it's still readily identifiable as water. So, perhaps "minimalist" is a better term for them. Or not. Perhaps "Photo Fail" is more apt... :lol:

At any rate, I kinda liked them, so I thought I'd post 'em.

Water Drop Abstract/Minimalist/Fail Photo 1:

Same photo in B&W (I know, I really stink at B&W conversion):

Photo 2:

The rings are too centered.

cd81792b.jpg

It amazes me how small things like that can change the whole picture...

the b&w isn't doing it for me, but I do like the first one the way Bitter cropped it

Now maybe you should go back through your images with a new perspective?

Now maybe you should go back through your images with a new perspective?

NOW I'm wishing I hadn't already trashed some of 'em. :er:

But yeah, I'll definitely see if I can't look at the remaining ones a bit differently and see what I can find.

Might not post more tonight, though. Already had just enough wine to make me brave enough to post photos that I know aren't that good...one more glass and who knows what I might post... :lol:

EDIT: OR, perhaps I just will post more. Liquid courage. ;)

It amazes me how small things like that can change the whole picture...

the b&w isn't doing it for me, but I do like the first one the way Bitter cropped it

And more amazing is how Bitter nails it every time!

Nice, but I like that first one better, Bitter.

Okay...a first glance back through the others...and another glass of wine later...

I didn't see much in the images I had left, since most of the ones I kept had the actual water drop in them and weren't otherwise very interesting, imo.

Here's the best I could find, but I fear in at least a couple of them there are not enough repeating elements. Also, they're REALLY grainy, because they've been pretty seriously cropped. I just wanna know if I'm on the right track here.

Yes? No? Okay for a rank amateur? Give up and go drink the rest of the wine? ;)

Don't care for the first one. It feels murky and sickly.

But the other two are nice, and I am particularly fond of th second one.

:thumbup:

Don't give up, and feel free to finish the wine!

Don't care for the first one. It feels murky and sickly.

But the other two are nice, and I am particularly fond of th second one.

:thumbup:

Don't give up, and feel free to finish the wine!

A thumbs up from Bitter on an abstract? Okay, I'll take THAT as a WIN. ;)
And yeah, that first one seemed like it was gonna turn out better than it did. In the morning, I'll wonder why I ever even put that on here...

Now, instead of giving up and finishing off the wine, I shall go celebrate the Bitter Thumb of Approval...and finish off the wine. :lol:

after reading your post, I was thinking along the lines of cutting it up in pieces to make it more abstract...then I scrolled down...bitter got to ya first....damn you bitter. see what I get for not being on the site earlier, lol.

Great suggestions.

I love it when fails turn out to be something cool when revisited.

Now you have given me an idea. yay. we have monthly contests for locals at work, and this month is Ripple Effect. I can't win since I work there, but I am encouraged to participate for help in promotion. There will be countless boring old water ripples...but I doubt any abstract versions...I may have to play and do one. Especially now that I have my new speedlight to play with. *wheels are a turnin'"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back