Water Drop

mike3767

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is my attempt at a water drop. I don't have an external flash so I used what I had on my camera which is the canon xsi. I know it's not amazing but for what available light I had, it came out pretty good. Or at least what I think. I ended up putting my hand over the lens as if I wanted to block the rain from hitting my glass.
IMG_4115.jpg

Looks okay for a first attempt, id try and get a little closer and maybe down a little lower next time. Keep trying! I improved with every attempt when I was trying this.

EDIT: The front also looks a little OOF.

Looks okay for a first attempt, id try and get a little closer and maybe down a little lower next time. Keep trying! I improved with every attempt when I was trying this.

EDIT: The front also looks a little OOF.

+1

Also, like stated above, you want the front in focus. Try placing a white piece of cardstock behind the bowl/dish holding the water, and aim you flash at that, so it reflects back onto the water drop. Use a pen to acquire your front focus, if you didnt already.

Just some tips that greatly helped me.

Regards,
Jake

Good first attempt. If you are interested in some pp, I find raising the black level and sharpening really helps to give these shots the highlights needed to get across stop motion wetness. Also, the bright spot is stealing attention away from the point of focus. You could crop or edit it out. Keep shooting.

Most reactions

Back