Water droplet fun

woojiebear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the only photo i've ever taken that i actually felt excited about when i saw it haha - C&C welcome!
P.S - i LOVE the canon 100m - what a gorgeous lens!!! and i am officially completely head over heels in love with it on my boyfriend's 40D - macro is so fun!!

IMG_8332-39.jpg

Just beautiful! :thumbup:. I'm completely inspired again to pursue macro work.

Just beautiful! :thumbup:. I'm completely inspired again to pursue macro work.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Breathless shot :drool:

Im really impressed and jealous. Im new to photography but am sure that i could not get that shot with my 18x105. Ive got a Nikon D90 and would love to be able to take shots like that. Exactly what kind of lense would i need if i may ask

I agree, very beautiful. I want to get into macro...

As just a snapshot to show people or to explore your macro lens, it's good. As for putting it into a professional portfolio, not so much. There is too much that is throwing the picture off. The green bulb on the upper left corner needs to go as it distracts the eye. Also, the flower that is out of focus on the right is also distracting. The flower itself is not without its flaws. You can see where insects have eaten parts around the edges and this degrades from the pictures' beauty. Love the shades of purple and the droplets are crisp and sharp and are really amazing! Overall: 4/10

As just a snapshot to show people or to explore your macro lens, it's good. As for putting it into a professional portfolio, not so much. There is too much that is throwing the picture off. The green bulb on the upper left corner needs to go as it distracts the eye. Also, the flower that is out of focus on the right is also distracting. The flower itself is not without its flaws. You can see where insects have eaten parts around the edges and this degrades from the pictures' beauty. Love the shades of purple and the droplets are crisp and sharp and are really amazing! Overall: 4/10

4 out of 10 really? Now you got me curious on seing YOUR macro shots.

Im really impressed and jealous. Im new to photography but am sure that i could not get that shot with my 18x105. Ive got a Nikon D90 and would love to be able to take shots like that. Exactly what kind of lense would i need if i may ask

aw thanks so much for the compliment!
don't be jealous - with a little practice (and a little luck hah) you could do the same with a macro lens! I'm not familiar with Nikon products - i used a Canon 100 mm f/2.8 for this shot.
You could also use extension tubes! those might be next purchase to get even closer haha.
thanks again :)

thank you! i appreciate your honesty
i thought it would be a good shot to put in my portfolio but i'll have to look at it again. i enjoy the eaten parts as i think it adds character to the subject - takes away from what we know to already be there. i also enjoy the bulb in the corner mostly because it off-sets the 'centeredness' of the flower in the photo...i always have heard that eye tends to fall on the lower right corner so i try to put the main subject in that area usually.
anyways, appreciate the constructive criticism...thanx!

The insect eaten parts do not degrade the photo at all. I also think they add character to the shot...that's nature and that's what it is all about, catching the flower in it's natural environment :p

Like it :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back