Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another attempt.... Taken with Nikkor 105mm

WaterDrop2.jpg

WaterDrop1.jpg

Thanks for looking.​

Need a faster shutter speed. The droplets are blurry
1/200s, f/13, ISO200, flashed. More of a case the offending droplets were beyond the focus point, methinks.

Offending blurred droplets removed. It actually draws more focus to the imagery in my mind by removing them. I see a Florence Nightingale coming to the aid of a wounded warrior. Thanks Sach.
WaterDrop2a.jpg

Wow. Are you going to become the Mapplethorpe of water?
Certainly not even close (on multiple layers :D), but thanks all the same.

#1:

Good job on the edit. It's not typically a smooth backflow of water like I see in the others...with the ruff surface area i think it almost resembles ice. The color in your background is unique, and so is the shape. I really like it alot. Also the background compliments the shot more.

#2:

Not as interesting as number #1. The first one fills up the frame. This shot has too much empty space and the composition of the backflow of water isn't that great.

Happy shooting! :D

Thanks Tom and Camz.

The colors are the easy part....... just dig out one (of my several) tie-dyed tee shirts.

Here's the set-up. Bowl of water on a two-step ladder. I bungeed a water bottle on a boom.... squeeze with one hand and trigger the remote with the other. I had three SB flashes bouncing in different directions. The toothbrush (no longer in service) was used to get a focal point in the bowl of water. The micro-fibre cloth was used to remove the water on lens. The umbrella was not used in the end, awfully tight space.

SetupShots-WaterDrops.jpg

Comments much appreciated.

Sweet Jesus that's a lot of equipment in that little bathroom. Heh.

Nice setup kundalini. Although it's not the equipment I'm worried about acquiring...it's the shirt! :lol:

i like em! very cool colors.

Thanks everybody. Your comments are much appreciated.

benlonghair..... cheers for the link. Bookmarked for reference.

I love the shots and it was very cool to see your setup. Thanks! :peacesign:

Nice setup kundalini. Although it's not the equipment I'm worried about acquiring...it's the shirt! :lol:

Sad part of this is that I also have a shirt that is very similar.

Very nice job on the photos. Love the colors showing in the water and thanks for showing us the set up.

Most reactions

Back