Water Fall at Disney Land

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture in Disney Land. liked the foliage around the water. We were on I think its called adventure island. All the times I have been there we never took the boat ride across. I was going for that milk looking water but, since it was hand held it was pretty hard to do it without camera blur so I settled for this. If anyone does have any tips on doing the milky looking water hand held please share your knowledge. I stayed in that spot for about 5 min and kept trying different settings but this was the best I could and keep the foliage in focus.

This is not an HDR nor a tonemapped image. It was taken with a 35mm lens. Shot in JPEG and processed in photoshop.

water fall by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I am a HUGE disneyland freak! I live out of state so my wife and I dont get the chance to go as often as we would like. We try to go every other year.As for the photo. I like it a lot. I know what look you are looking for but I think this works better. This still shows the detail in the water movement whereas I think having that milky effect would take away from the details. Just my .02

It's a very dreamy picture, and fits its location pretty nicely :thumbsup: I like it.

As for blurry water, you might be able to manage that with a wide angle with image stabilization. I think I did one once with a shutter speed of 1/5th of something at 18mm, and the water blurred. Lots of factors playing in, of course, but trying is the only way to find out.

I'm not too sure about your black frame. It's hardly visible due to the vignetting, and sort of makes the vignetting seem harder than it really is.

I don't like vignetting either, but I think it works pretty nicely here. Nice shot. And cool to get a nomination too :)

Very vibrant processing, I mistook it for a quality HDR until I read what you posted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back